Cowboys Don't Belong on Amazing Races

Are you watching The Amazing Race?
You should be - it's just a fun show. I like the challenges the teams face and I love the travel aspect.

We were actually in Korea when The Amazing Race came through, but we didn't know what it was....we saw cameras and lots of huge flags while we were driving by in a taxi. It was the first season and we had no idea what was going on so we missed our chance to be in the show! The Amazing Race also came to Portland a couple years ago...I missed that chance too. I guess I just don't care that much...

Anyway, this season there are some cowboys on the show. And I highly dislike them. Here are just a few reasons why:

** Spoiler ahead**

Reason #1:
I can't tell them apart, but one or both of them said "Oh my gravy" at least 5 times in the first 20 minutes of the show.

Reason #2 (which signifies at least 100 reasons to dislike them):
Travelling on a boat, sitting next to each other on a bench:
One cowboy says "I've been skinny dipping once or twice."
The other cowboy looks at him and then scoots away from him on the bench.
They both look at each other and give a little laugh.
hi, homophobic much, stereotypical cowboys?


Reason #3:
Illegal use of the English language. Saying things like: "Look at all them clues." Ugh.

Reason #4:
They won first in this leg of the race and I don't want them to win anything. Ever.

Anyone watching? Have a least favorite team yet? Do they happen to wear large ten-gallon hats?

10 comments:

  1. Debbie said...:

    I am one of those weird people who loves odd sayings like "oh my gravy". But, I wouldn't want to hear it repeatedly.

  1. kyooty said...:

    Girl there are Olympics on!!

  1. Pam said...:

    Being from the south, I probably say odd comments all the time! :)

  1. I love gravy. Wait, what were we talking about?

  1. Felicia S. said...:

    I have to say growing up in Texas I have mostly become immune to Cowboys and their ways (yes ranchers are a total different breed).

  1. Anti-Supermom said...:

    I use to watch the Amazing Race but they lost me with the last season, the cowboys sound like some comic relief :)

    Oh my gravy...ha-ha.

  1. I have never watched The Amazing Race, but anyone saying "them clues" without any kind of snark would completely turn me off.

  1. Heather said...:

    I watched the 2nd or 3rd season and lost intrest.

    I'm guessing the proper way to say that would be "Those clues"? I'm a southern girl and my words are always messed up!

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    Your funny. I have watched, I was sad when the grandmother and granddaughter got kicked off.

  1. I'm a big fan of The Amazing Race and I know the cowboys you are talking about. I actually only watched the show once for this season, because I'm too tired to watch TV at night. Anyway your post is hilarious! I was really laughing when I read the reason no. 2.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails