I Am Old...And Blurry. Old And Blurry.

Here I am!!! You've probably missed me....I've been really busy. I can't remember the last time I didn't get online for an entire day---but I did it on Saturday!! Granted I do get my email on my smartphone....but I didn't reply to mail and I didn't check facebook and I didn't read any blogs! It was kinda nice....I might do it again sometime.

Saturday was also the day I turned 36.

36!!! I'm totally on the downswing of life. I'm up and over the hill. I'm on my way down. It's sad.

I had a great birthday party with a group of friends.

You know what's really fun? Taking TONS of pictures on your special day. You know what is even more fun? Checking your camera the next day and finding that you took about 57 pictures after you drank 4 margaritas and 2 Mikes Hard Lemonades and they are all a blurry mess.

Here's how the night began: Nice, crisp and clear picture. 4 of these 5 people on the couch come to my house frequently. We are a good group, just ask us. We really are.

You might remember this guy from the last margarita night:
Delicious drinks! The problem with making really great margaritas is that every time you come over after that time, you will be expected to be the margarita maker always and forever.
And then I have about 49 pictures like this:
Just blurry. Blurry and pointless. Most of which cut people in half. And one of the girls attending the party didn't want her photo taken....so I, of course, saw this as a challenge. I have approximately 20 photos of her with her hands in front of her face. And blurry.

And then I have about 11 photos like this:
And this:
Me. All me. 11 photos of a 36 yr old ME. Blurry. Blurry and old.

13 comments:

  1. lo said...:

    Happy Birthday- it seems like you had a great time celebrating!! It also looks like maybe you have to find someone to be the designated photographer on top of the designated margarita maker :)

    I too always end up being the bartender at parties maybe since I *am* actually a bartender haha.

  1. Jay said...:

    Happy birthday! Glad you had a good time.

  1. Serenityville said...:

    Ok, first things first, isn't that an automatic camera?
    Secondly, I AM 36 AND IT'S NOT OVER THE HILL! What are you thinking??? We're just getting started - I've never been smarter or healthier in my life! So bite me!
    ;)

  1. Nat said...:

    Hahaha.. I'm so sad I missed this.

  1. Maribeth said...:

    So, I am 51. What does that make me? Ready for the home? I think not! I like being in my 50's and you will to when you get here. My dear, you are still young! (smile!)

  1. Brandy said...:

    how much fun is that! and you will always have those blurry pictures to remind you.

  1. Shana said...:

    OMG - you are not old...blurry maybe, but not old. Happy birthday!

  1. kilax said...:

    LOL! I love all your blurry photos! What a great birthday! Happy belated!

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    Maybe the photos are blurry because you took them after drinking all those margaritas? Glad it was a good birthday. ;)

  1. Heather said...:

    Your photos prove you was having a good time. The blurrier the drunker!

    You are not old!

  1. Many happy returns! Even my sober pictures are blurry, so I'm not judging.

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    Happy Birthday, you look pretty in your pictures. Must be the blurriness. J/K!!!!! Happy Birthday dear one.

  1. OK, Kaylen, first... Happy belated birthday!
    Second... if you are over the hill at 36, what the hell am I at 44??? Although, my body feels like I'm 80 and I took one of those tests to tell you what your "age" is and it said I was "56" - YIKES!!
    Third... LOVE the photos, the last one, even though it is a little blurry, you look absolutely beautiful! I love your smile and you all look like you had a great time. Hope the hangover wasn't too bad. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails