Kick Him 'Til He Pukes!!

I have a scrappy Irish friend who, back in his wild and crazy youth, got in a bit of trouble. He told me about numerous fights he got in over the years - and I was fascinated - as someone who is sweet and innocent and rarely never gets in fights, this one story stuck with me.

He was with a bunch of friends and he and his friends were outnumbered and were very clearly losing the fight (which they probably started). My friend was a drunken fool but very clearly remembers one of the guys in the other group yelling "kick him til he pukes!!!" over and over again. And my friend very clearly remembers wishing and praying and begging himself to PUKE PUKE PUKE so the beat-down would end.

Hmm...that sounds violent. Sorry if you are sensitive to that type of thing.

And sometimes when I get my monthly massage, I remember this story. And I imagine the other massage people in the corner of the room, chanting something similar to "rub it til she cries!!"  My massage lady tonight found some spot on my calf that she felt she was going to work on until something magical happened. And I lay there quietly and wished and prayed and begged for that magical thing to happen. Cause if you say something - they win. So you tolerate it and you just wait. And then it gets back to feeling wonderful. I LOVE massages (especially when I win).

9 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    wow. i need to get home now...

  1. Julie said...:

    Thank you for stopping by yesterday. Candle lite skiing is wonderful and to spend time with Mike, my son, makes it even more so.
    A massage, I wish I could try one of those. We don't have anyone in the area that does it in the evenings and since I work from 4am-6pm that takes care of their working hours too. Maybe one day.
    I hope that you have a great day today. Take care and God Bless!!

  1. It's true, if they can get the knot out and you can endure it, it's worth all the work!
    I LOVED Three Cups of Tea. What an inspiring book.

  1. Brandy said...:

    omg how funny. i had a massage and was telling myself - i made it through labor - i could do this. breathe breathe!

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    I've never had a massage. I'm weird about other people touching my nekkid body. lol And my husband is so bad at it. Sigh.

  1. Nessa said...:

    I find these stories a very interesting association. I've never had a massage and now i'm not sure if I want one.

    ; )

    13 Characters from Rose and Prince Brendan

  1. kilax said...:

    Ugh. I feel sorry for the guy getting kicked!

  1. Your post titles are SO hysterical! This one had me laughing before I even read the post... way to go little Irishman, you are a credit to our heritage (my maiden name is Sullivan - way back O'Sullivan).
    I know exactly what you mean about the massages... it's like that in my neck and shoulder and my sciatic area.
    Man... I SO need a massage!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails