For those of you not in the know (like I was before last night), this is how you make them:
- Wash your sweet potatoes. The skin is really good for you and they taste great this way! I prepared 3 large ones, but really only needed 2.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into strips that look somewhat like fries.
- Toss in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Shake them all around cause that's what professionals do.
- Spread on a cookie sheet in one nice layer.
- Salt and pepper if you're into that kind of thing. I used just a light smatter of salt. Cause that's what professionals do.
- Bake at 425 - after 15 minutes, flip them over. After 20 min, take them out of the oven, but let them sit for at least 5 minutes to help the crispiness effect. I totally made that up, I don't have any idea if the waiting helped anything.
The BEST fry I have ever had in my entire life. AND very healthy to boot!!! I want to eat these at least 5X a week. Andrew ruined them by drowning them in ketchup. He does not deserve my sweat potato fries!!!
I might have to figure out a way to make them in my toaster oven to save me from having to heat my oven to 425 each night, which might cost me $20 each time, but might cost me 20cents. I have no idea...but I think it's a lot.
The way I'm making them keeps them really low-calorie and very nutritious.
Anybody else know about this secret recipe? Is there anything you do to tweak it?
Not to make it better, because these could not get any better!!