Notes From A Hero

This was my day today:

Sleep in just a tiny bit because I stayed up last writing a speech.

Go to volunteer luncheon to receive an award in front of 400 people with my son.
Completely forget to follow my speech, which I made a point to make inspirational and meaningful, but instead, I pretended I was on my own 4-minute comedy tour and go the funny route, not the sentimental route.

Get called a hero multiple times (I'm not) and have a speaker tell me that I am one of the greatest mothers and I am an inspiration.

Take wonderful photo in the beautiful weather (is this really February??) with the parents.

Go home and put flowers in vase- I got three dozen today!!!

Fall asleep on the couch playing stupid-Facebook-Scrabble against Andrew, who was sitting next to me.

Wake up to have dinner and drive to the library.

Gave my 94 yr old friend Selma a ride home.

Took a warm bath and enjoyed a candle, a vase of roses and a good book.

I think this day is over. It was a beautiful day.

12 comments:

  1. Huzzah for improv speaking!
    Congrats on your award. Your day sounded perfect to me.

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    You totally deserved it sweetie! Congrats! =D

  1. Pam said...:

    Sounds like a wonderful day. Congrats on your award and for making it through a speech in front of 400 people. To me that takes real courage!

  1. Brandy said...:

    what a wonderful day. yay for you

  1. thebearandroo said...:

    Kaylen-you have such a kind heart & spirit. You totally deserved the award. Congrats to you!

  1. This sounds like a one fine day for you. Congratulation for your award, I can see that you really deserve it. God Bless!

  1. krista said...:

    awesome awesome awesome.
    is it weird that i think the best part is the falling asleep on the couch while you and your son communicate/game with each other via a social networking site while sitting next to each other?
    again: awesome.

  1. Congratulations on your well-deserved voluntaring award and all the beautiful flowers.
    Great photo of you and the parents.
    Sounds like a terrific day.

  1. Heather said...:

    You are an amazing woman! Congrats on your award! Three dozens of flowers! Wow!

    Love your relaxing evening.

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    Thanks for having me. Love that picture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails