Reason #326 Why I Don't Like Teenagers

I had a nice relaxing Sunday morning before my volunteer event and felt really good about how quickly I got ready and then I headed outside to leave and found this:



And I know some stupid teenagers were feeling REALLY proud of themselves last night.
The investigation on the culprits is still ongoing.


Then I got to my volunteer event and the large room I reserved was under some kind of construction and we had to use a small room, and since I hadn't planned to rearrange rooms and move tables, it was a total mess of confusion as people were coming in and I was rushing about to get set up on time. And then I lost my phone. And then everyone showed up and it was PACKED. And then I started with my normal speech I give and stuttered all about in frustration and with worry over my missing phone. And then we got started and ten minutes into the project, as I'm still searching for my phone, someone mentioned that we had no markers/crayons. They were in the backpack-in my garage. A mile away.
TP-cleaning Andrew was able to bring the backpack of markers and save the day, and then I found my phone-on a windowsill in the room (of course). Still a flustered mess of a morning....because of some stupid teenagers who had $4 to spare on a 6-pack of toilet paper.

16 comments:

  1. lo said...:

    I didn't know people still even DID that.

    I'm glad everything pretty much turned out alright with your volunteer project though.

    That doesn't mean I'm not crossing my fingers that all of those meanie teenagers find themselves stuck in a public stall with an empty toilet paper roll sometime this week :)

  1. Nat said...:

    But it certainly made for an interesting start of the day, eh? Haha. I'm glad that you found your phone... I was starting to get a bit worried after 20 minutes of looking and no results.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    at least you did not get forked...

  1. kyooty said...:

    well TP is better then what it wipes up

  1. kilax said...:

    Every time I see a house TP'd in our neighborhood I think about what a nightmare it must be to clean it up. I can't imagine seeing it first thing in the morning when you are heading out. I am happy Andrew cleaned it up, brought the markers, and that you found your phone. I hope the rest of the day was better!

  1. Jay said...:

    Not to long ago there was a debate raging in the bloggerhood over TPing. Some said it was harmless teenage fun and a tradition, others considered it a criminal activity. I say, as long as it isn't my place then it's just harmless fun. LOL ;-)

  1. carma said...:

    Sorry about your stressful day - and there you were doing some good in the community while these turds were messing things up. The irony.

  1. Shana said...:

    That's insane. I would have to kill those kids. Last year my car got covered in shaving cream on Halloween. I found out who did it and had a nice chat with their parents. They probably won't be doing that again!

    I'm sorry your day was so stressful. I hope you have a better week.

  1. Pam said...:

    I'm glad you found your phone, but sorry the day started so badly. I'm hoping you find those kids soon and have a l-o-n-g chat with their parents.

  1. Katherine said...:

    I've always wondered how people cleaned up a mess like that. I pray I never have to find out! So sorry.

  1. Dual Mom said...:

    Ughh it sucks that this threw your day. It's hard to bounce back when things start falling apart during a carefully planned event!!

  1. Heather said...:

    How awful! I hope you find out who did that and why.

  1. Mrsbear said...:

    Ugh! That sucks. I think I would've been pretty worked up too. Really, they have nothing better to do? Go see a movie! Take a nap! Don't teens need something like 18 hours of sleep a day?

  1. What a "crappy" way to start your day. I'm glad you found your phone and ended up getting your event done. Good thing Andrew was able to bring you the supplies.
    You would think that they would leave you alone since you are always so sweet to teenage boys.

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    I hate teenagers. Especially the ones that ride my bus in the morning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails