For those of you who are non-blogger (not geeks), the word meme is a mystery I'm sure. I just found out I've been pronouncing it wrong - it actually rhymes with cream. I thought you read it like Me - Me....since you typically write about yourself...learn something new every day I guess!!
The term "Internet meme" refers to a catchphrase or concept that spreads
rapidly from person to person via the Internet, largely through Internet-based
email, blogs, forums, social networking sites and instant messaging.
Educational portion - complete.
I was tagged by my blogger friend Lorie for the 5-5-5 Tag.
I am to answer the five questions with five answers and tag 5 more bloggers, here we go:
Wait - On a side note, I went to get my oil changed today and the funny little guy helping me check out had a tattoo on his forearm that said:
Things to Do Today:
With the blanks by the numbers. Ha - I really did laugh about it. Every morning he can just wake up and fill in the blanks! Or better still-his wife can write down things for him!! LOVE it! Would never get it or want to look on it on my bf every day - but for someone else, LOVE it!
Anyway back to me - me, the meme.
Question 1: Where were you five years ago?
- In a cramped little apartment 1.3 miles from where I currently live in my wonderful house.
- Wondering what I was going to do at mynearly-entry-level job to keep me challenged and happy and busy daily.
- Dating a really fun guy who just wasn't right for me.
- Eating too much Act II Microwave Kettle Corn with peanut M&M's.
- Reading a LOT more than I am now.
Question 2: What is (was) on your to-do list today?
- Import files into our database (need to do after-hours).
- Sit outside at lunch and read my book in the beautiful, perfect weather (only slightly tarnished by the crying of the brat cat at the screen door who isnt allowed outside but almost became a homeless cat today at lunch).
- Get my oil changed.
- Walk three miles - not done yet, but will be in 80 minutes from now.
- Finish the book I'm reading - Michael Crichton's "Pirate Latitudes".
Question 3: What five snacks do you enjoy?
- From above - Act II Microwave Kettle Corn with peanut M&M's.
- Satsuma, mandarin, orange things that we still call by the korean name - kewl, which is pronounced kew-hl. (can you pronounce an h + l together? it's a hard word to spell phonetically).
- Sweet potato potato chips -YUM. Once the bag is open, there's NO going back.
- Peanut butter on saltine crackers. A great mid-afternoon snack filled with protein. Totally justifiable.
- Did I mention peanut M&M's?
- Pay off my house and buy houses for my parents and sisters.
- Take a trip around the world with Andrew, and maybe a friend or two.
- Donate donate donate - I have a TON of places I'd love to help out with much more than the small amount I give each year.
- College funds for my son and my sisters kids.
- Invest the rest and always have my money grow so I never have less than 5 million in the bank. Just in case of a rainy day, I wouldn't want to come up short!
- Natalie - My Boring Life
- Heather - Welch Happenings
- Aunt Juicebox - Bacon is my Lover
- Flea - Bits n Bytes of a Geeky Blogger
- Carma - Carma Sez
That's my first me-me cream meme. Thanks Lorie for giving me an easy blogging day!