Just Call Me The Plant Whisperer

Some of you may know that plants and I have never really been friends.

Andrew used to make fun of me and say that plants who stepped into our house were more apt to commit suicide then let me slowly kill them....however---that is no more.




One day I bought this beautiful little plant on my lunch hour and planned to give it a wonderful home.

Unfortunately, I didn't consider that it would not be good for my plant to stay in the car and wait for me.

And unfortunately, I didn't realize it was going to get so hot that day.

This ended up being the plant I came home with:

Sad.

Sad plant.

Sad Kaylen.

Much to Andrew's amusing, I replanted this dead plant, talked to it, loved it, watered it.

And now....

Look how amazing my little plant is doing seven months later!!!


It doesn't even look like the same plant, but I swear it is!!!
It loves me!! It really does!

14 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    Wow! Come over and save the dead plants that are STILL on my porch.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    i am your archnemesis...destructoplant. bring any house into my home and whammo. ok, now quite that bad but...i like to keep it outside and love it...

  1. Brandy said...:

    awwww - yay. it is so pretty.

  1. Jessica Brown said...:

    I remember when you brought a plant home from work and Andrew talked to it saying, "I'm sorry little plant you have come here to die." LOL!

  1. You are like Charlie Brown and the gang with a Christmas tree! Nice whispering;)

  1. Shana said...:

    That's impressive. I, too, am a plant killer. J doesn't even call them plants anymore - he calls them victims.

  1. YAY YOU!!!!! That is one heck of a makeover..hehe

  1. Felicia S. said...:

    Send it to my house---it will look again like the first picture. I have killed a fake tree (well really the dogs did---yep yep that is my excuse LOL)!

    Good Job Senorita Green Thumb :)

  1. kilax said...:

    It looks so great now! You do have the touch!

    One of my friends just left a very sad plant at our house for us to try and revive :)

  1. Serenityville said...:

    Nice work!! But are you leaving out some tiny little detail, like that you left it in your car for an entire week? No way that happened in one day.
    Your plant reminds me of one that we tried to kill back when I lived in Seattle. Yes, you read that right. It was this huge plant and the owner of it wanted the pot for something else...or something like that. We left it outside all winter, didn't water or feed it, but it refused to die.
    We decided it had earned its right to live, so we brought it in and he started caring for it...and it turned into an animal. We had to keep small children away. Seriously, that thing was amazing and kinda scary. No matter what we did it grew, like inches, daily, and I think I heard its stomach rumble once.

  1. You're a killer with a heart of gold. I smell a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie.

  1. Heather said...:

    I wish I could be that lucky! My black thumb only gets a little bit green for a brief time and the plants suffer for it.

    Great job bring it back to life.

  1. Good for you! I used to be a plant killer too!
    I finally got over it when I left my first husband (go figure) and got a new plant for my new apartment 15 years ago. It is still alive and I have even gotten another plant from a piece that broke off. WooHoo
    Yours looks so pretty, I think you are amazing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails