John Mayer Rocks Your House Party

My beloved teen Andrew tried out for this very elite choir group at school 3 weeks ago. A year ago, he was too shy to sing in front of me, much less others. As a special "I'm so proud of you I could puke"present, I bought him tickets to one of his absolute favorite singers of all time: John Mayer. No, he's not a good role model, but he's a great artist and my baby loves him and so off he went with a close friend to enjoy his first bigtime concert, with some not-terrible, but-not-spectacular tickets in the 200 level.

And he LOVED it. He was very excited when he came home with almost everything he could have bought from the fan stand.
And then we hear that my dear friend Amy's daughter, Holly (who I LOVE), went with some friends also, and she had some not-so-great tickets but then as her and her friends were walking around the coliseum, some people approached them and somehow, Amy's darling little Holly and her friends ended up in the front row.

How does this happen? No idea...but it did.
You'll notice all the teeny bopper girls in the front row? Not an accident apparently.

Remember the first time you were in the front row of a concert?
Mine was Aerosmith. Steven Tyler came right up to the front and bent down as he was singing something really loud (that might have been screaming) and he stuck his tongue out and leaned forward and .......licked my hand.
I'm not kidding.
Priceless moments in life.

11 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    wow. licked your hand...
    i was usually in the pit...

  1. kilax said...:

    WHOA! Steven Tyler licked you?! That is too awesome.

    Concerts are so fun, even though they are usually a logistical nightmare with all of those people!

  1. Dual Mom said...:

    Ahahah did you go without washing your hand for WEEKS after that one?!?!?!

  1. Felicia S. said...:

    I have actually never been in the front row of a concert (in front row to see Rick Springfield in a Las Vegas show when I was 30 is the closest I can come) but I can remember how exciting it is to go see someone in person that you have been "dying" to see. WOW that was my inner teenage flashing back.

  1. No way! I was in row 40 for the "Love in an Elevator Tour" so Steven Tyler didn't even spray me with spit. But he did some rocking back flips that night.

  1. Brandy said...:

    How awesome for your son. I've heard that john mayer is a cool dude.

  1. Jay said...:

    That's awesome that he got to go.

    And, if I were a rock star I would make sure all the hot chicks were in the front rows too. LOL ;-)

  1. J said...:

    I have never been in the front row of a concert. The best I've been was a couple of rows back behind the stage for Bill Joel. He actually spends a good deal of time sing to each side of the stage so for part of it, it was like we were in the front row but we were in the stands so its not like he would have been able to get close to us. We just didn't have a lot of heads in front of us. I'll show you pictures sometime.

  1. Heather said...:

    I would have died on the spot if he had licked me! I've only been to two concerts and they were both ZZTop. The first one I was way up in the balcony. The second was free standing and I was probably 5 rows from the stage. Such fun!

    Glad Andrew had a good time!

  1. Pam said...:

    I can just imagine my daughter getting licked at a concert. She hates to be touched and that would freak her out for sure. :)

  1. Nat said...:

    Haha that's so funny seeing Holly in that picture! Also, you got licked...wow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails