Random Thoughts Tuesday - Rainy Day Edition

These are my random thoughts. As opposed to other days when they are so organized and well-thought out. For more random thoughts from random bloggers, click here:

randomtuesday

I used to have an eyebrow plucking obsession. They weren’t like trim and styled or anything, but I would just constantly be plucking random hairs. Then I totally stopped and I somehow came to have these caterpillar type things across my head. Lately I have been obsessed again. I am totally messing them up. I went to get them waxed a few months ago and the lady must have misunderstood what I was doing there because she did clean up some random hairs but she didn’t really do any shaping or noticeable waxing. Whatever, I don’t need her. I have my own tweezers.

There’s this spot during the song Knockin on Heaven’s Door by Guns N Roses where they make a phone call-you hear the boop-boop-beep-boop of the dialing and then you hear some garbled man on the phone. Apparently this is what they are saying: "You just better start sniffin your own rank subjugation Jack, 'cause it's just you and your tattered libido, the bank and the mortician, forever man and it wouldn't be luck if you could get out of life alive."

I have no idea what this means or why it’s in the song. None. It just doesn’t make any sense to have a random phone call during the song. And the words are garbled and they make no sense.

Sometimes I wake up, roll over and read the headline stories on CNN.com or MSNBC.com via my wonderful phone (thank you Samsung for making the Omnia). This morning I saw a headline about South Korea and it struck me that every time I see any news about South Korea, I make a point to read it and verify that I don’t know the person involved. I lived in South Korea for 14 months. I probably had about 60 students total, mostly kids, but a handful of adults.

The population of Korea is about 49,000,000. That means that the odds of one of the people I know being in the news is about 1 in 817,000 (I think). Someday it might happen though!! It wouldn’t surprise me if a trouble maker comes up with the name of Kim Han Gu, cause he was a whole mess of anger. There was also that one boy I threw a pencil at that one time-he was a total out-of-control human, but I can’t remember his name because we only ever called him Monkey. Or there was that really super-smart kid: Yi Gi-Ho. He is probably doing something great. And Yun Byul. Smart boy!!!


Um, wtf Pandora?? Why would you email me this: We wanted to let you know that you are approaching your monthly free listening limit. Pandora gives you 40 hours of free listening per month.
I thought we were friends!!! Friends don’t put limits on friends listening hours per month!!! 40 hours per MONTH?? I need about 40 hours every week!!!! I feel totally let down. And saddened. And disappointed. And saddened.



I love our backyard and all the birds and the squirrels…however, I do not approve of this:

squirrelsBirdseed is for birds.
Stale chips thrown out the back door are for squirrels.

18 comments:

  1. Vicki said...:

    Very funny post!

    BTW: For a few years now I haven't had to pluck my eyebrows, the hair just stopped growing and they are in the shape that I always plucked them, so it saves me so much time and pain. If it happened to me, it could happen to you!!

  1. Vicki said...:

    Hey, I don't know what happened, I know I was following you, but didn't see my icon in your friends list, so I re-followed.

  1. Brandy said...:

    love that picture. too cute

  1. kilax said...:

    That squirrel is too cute! I wish we had squirrels in my neighborhood!

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    ha. gotta love the squirrels...random thought...i went to the longest guns n roses concert at the time which was 6.5 hours. it was amazing....i actually pluck stray hairs as well...

  1. Heather said...:

    I plucked my eyebrows so much in my younger years, that now they still look plucked.

    That phone call is weird, but it reminds me of the phone call in the Pink Flyod song.

    Love how the cats are watching that squirrel!

  1. carma said...:

    if I was a betting person I'd bet that one day you will hear about one of your students on the news - especially with odds like that :D

  1. Dual Mom said...:

    Hahaha look at the cats!!! Justy dying to get out the window to "play" with the squirrel! What a great photo.

    As for the eyebrows - try another esthetician. And if you're not happy with how she shapes them - tell her! I know - not everyone is as aggressive as I am - but you can do it nicely.

  1. Koreans are the Irish of Asian.

  1. Lynette said...:

    plucking hurts
    stopped watching or reading hard core news over 20 yrs ago and much happier for it
    and i love the kitties checking out the squirrel

    oh and when i saw pandora my first thought was avatar!

  1. Squirrels, like toddlers, have no sense of limits. Sheesh.

  1. Pam said...:

    Lol! Those thoughts are random. I think your squirrel is confused and should have the logic of eating stale chips explained to him again.

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    I sort of do the same thing with news from my old neighborhood. Once, I clicked on a story about a guy who died in a motorcycle accident, and it was my uncle. No one had called me yet, so I actually found out, because they printed his name.

  1. Fin said...:

    Clever little fella! Thanks for your kind wishes!

  1. Keely said...:

    GnR did a lot of drugs. The end.

    those cats are hilarious! You know they'd have that glass out in a flash if they had opposable thumbs.

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    Wow, I don't know what to do with that information about the Guns N Roses song. Now I'm going to have to go listen to it.

  1. Okay my favorite Guns N Roses story is this one
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Guns-N-Roses-471/Rocket-Queen-Girl.htm

    That during the recording of rocket queen when you hear the girl ...climaxing, it is really Steven Adlers girlfriend FUCKING Axl. They did it to get back at him. Can you believe that. Imagine being the guy in the recording studio that day who had to actually get that on tape.

    also, i used to pull out my eyelashes

  1. Christina said...:

    Love the last photo with the cats.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails