Welcome to My World - Blog Party 2010!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010


So I guess I'm part of this 2010 Ultimate Blog Party. I guess I should have gotten dressed up or something, but had a hard week and am too lazy to do so. I've been meaning to fix up my blog and make it look like someone put some effort into it, but I just haven't had the time. Until then, please forgive my messy blog-home.

For those of you who are new to my world, here's some info about me:

I started blogging in November 2006. I worked at a crappy admin job where I had a TON of free time and it seemed like a good thing to do. Sometimes I think I'm just wasting my time...sometimes I think I am the funniest human alive and as such, it's my obligation to share my humor with the world. And sometimes, I just like to share what I know. Lately, I've started sharing my emails from when we lived in Korea for a year-it's fun to look back.


I've got a wonderful teenager-Andrew-who gives me good fodder for the blog. He's 17 now, but he's still my sweet little punkin-head (he loooooooves to be called that).

When I first started the blog, I thought it would be fun to change the title on my blog every month or so. At some point, I realized that people won't necessarily be able to tell everyone they know about me if I didn't have a consistent name...brilliant learning lesson. So at some point I had written a few serious articles and I happened to have the title It's Serious This Time as my title and someone linked to my page and this big giant lightbulb went off above my head (you might have seen it-unless you live in Alaska where you are constantly blinded by light) and I realized that I couldn't be famous if nobody knew a consistent blog title for me. And that's the magic behind the title. You can tell I put a LOT of thought into it.

I actually don't have a twitter account yet because I can't think of a good name and I don't want to make the same mistake twice. No joke-there's too much pressure in picking a name nowadays.

Anyway, here's some stories for you (I'm sure you will click on every single blessed one. I just mentioned how busy I was, so don't let me feel like my time was wasted here, k? thanks):

Sometimes I like to be serious.

I'm just really starting to enjoy cooking.

I'm a borderline crazy cat lady.

I read a lot. And I'd like to read much, much more but haven't figured out how to stop the space-time continuum.

I like to volunteer. A lot. I like to tell you that you should too.

I used to play bingo often, and won a fat jackpot one time and decided I wasn't going to get to do that often so now I rarely play. (but I want to!)

And I'm happy hosting a couple of giveaways each month too.

That's about it-me in 8,000 words or less (though it felt like a lot more didn't it?).

Please say hello - I try to visit every blogger who leaves a comment and love hearing from new people.

Welcome - and Happy Blog Party everyone!!!


Hugs and kisses!

And at this Ultimate Blog Party, you can win prizes!! These are some great ones I would LOVE:

US40- One winner will receive a 3 day 2 night stay from Holiday Inn Main Gate East in Kissimmee, FL (less than 2 miles from Disney World) a value of $250. Provided by: Holiday Inn Main Gate

US39 -Be My Guest certificate ($250 value) for one lucky winner, (2 night stay for a family of four) at any Hilton Garden Inn. Provided by: Hilton Garden Inn

US101 – One lucky winner will get this $450 Human Touch Foot and Calf Massager that is being given away by Still Blonde after All These Years!, a blog for women over 45. Provided by: Still Blonde After All These Years!

USC 13 – $100 gift certificate to Kay Jewelers Provided by: an unpink life

INTL 3 – The Girl Creative will giveaway one Deluxe Blog Design ($50 value) to one person. Provided by: The Girl Creative

INTL 11 – Custom Blogger Design- valued at $100 Provided by: Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

INTL 16 – Personalized premade blogger template package- includes 4 templates and comes with custom text and comes customized to you- with your own pictures added and custom text. Provided by: Premades For A Purpose

INTL 14 – Complete custom blog makeover for Blogger.com plus a custom coordinating Twitter background. Valued at up to $150. Provided by: Dawn Farias

TONS of prizes!! I'd also love any of the Amazon or Target gift cards!! I love party gifts!!!

Party on everyone!

25 comments:

  1. makeetis said...:

    I am just stopping by from the #UBP10 and wanted to say hi. I will come back to visit you..I enjoy cooking also. Love new recipies even though mine never turn out like I want them too,
    brewerchickey78@yahoo.com
    Amy B.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    woohoo. sounds like quite the party...nice to get to know you a bit more as well. have a wonderful weekend.

  1. I am Harriet said...:

    Hi there Kaylen.
    I'm stopping by the via the Blog Party to say hello.
    This is so much fun!

    Have a great Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/

  1. Jenny said...:

    オッス! Nice to meet you! :D Just stopping by from the party to say howdy. Love your blog.

    Have a great weekend and happy UBP! :D And hope to see you stop by sometime!!

    さようなら!

  1. Jenny said...:

    Oops you posted your link on the party twice (so far) ;P Just thought I'd let you know but you're prolly already aware of that LOL

  1. Miranda said...:

    I don't think kids are ever too old to be called punkin-head :) lol Great to "meet" you. Love this welcome post, cracked me up.

  1. Debbie said...:

    I did not join in that party - it seemed overwhelming to me! Although those prizes are great. I hope you win:)

  1. KatDale said...:

    Cute! Found you on UBP. I love finding new blogs to follow!

  1. Hi Kaylen! Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you're having fun "partying"! This is my first time doing it & it's been a lot of fun! I'm a new follower! And I don't think you're wasting your time, I read some of your articles & they are great! Can't wait to keep reading!

  1. motherlylaw said...:

    Hi, Glad to meet you - I am a mommy to boys and a cat person too! Come visit me at www.motherlylaw.com.
    Thanks, Anna from www.motherlylaw.com

  1. Hello! It's GREAT to meet you! You truly sound like a lot of fun and I can't wait to visit your blog again! Happy Blogging!

  1. grownupforeal said...:

    I'm glad you feel compelled to share your humor! I'm stopping through from the UBP, glad to meet you.

    D.Rene.
    www.grownupforeal.wordpress.com

  1. Nancy said...:

    Howdy, stoppin’ by on the UBP blog party – I’ve been ridin’ the blog range most of the night visitin’ nice blogs like yours. Hope you will be able to stop by the ranch – where the coffee is always hot and the door is always open! Thanks again, well, I better get to ridin’ – have you seen how many blogs there are? I might have to stop off at the ranch and switch out horses!

  1. Party hopping today and loved the name of your blog. Good choice! Can't wait to look around your blog some more!

  1. Heather said...:

    I was fun to reread some of your posts.
    I hope you didn't have a hangover the next morning, sounded like quite a party! LOL!

  1. birks said...:

    Hi, saw your comment on my blog and I wanted to do the same for you. My wife is a huge reader also, maybe you and her together could stop the time-space continuum, I'll mention it to her LOL.

  1. Laura said...:

    Hi, stopping by from the UBP #2010. I have 2 teenage daughters, well my oldest is now 20, but I still call her a teen.

    My oldest tells me all the time when I get older I'm going to be some crazy cat lady. I don't know why she says that because I don't have any cats (except on Farmville on Facebook).

  1. Mrs4444 said...:

    You're funny; I decided to follow you after reading just one paragraph :) Happy to meet you (via UBP).

  1. Melody said...:

    Happy UBP! Great to get to know you a little. Funny about how you came up for the name of your blog. I like it! Well have fun at the party!

  1. Jen said...:

    stopped by from the UBP... Love the review on the books, may have to check it out. too funny on the blog name

  1. Nanbon44 said...:

    so very nice to meet you, I am visiting from the UBP

  1. Kristen said...:

    Stopping in from the UBP and it's nice to 'meet' you. I think we all learn a few hard-earned bloggy lessons now and then. I do love the title though! I love to play bingo...and I'm so glad that before my MIL passed away she taught me that it wasn't just for old people!! ;-P

  1. joeandbridge said...:

    Hi there! Just popping in from the UBP to be your newest Google Follower! Hooray! Hope you have a great weekend! Swing by my blog when you get a chance!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

  1. Hi there! Nice to meet you! I'm stopping by via UBP. I think you have a great sense of humor with your writing!! I enjoyed reading your blog and will be visiting again soon! I'm your newest follower -inspired gifts.

    I hope you can stop by our blog: http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com
    Inspiredgifts.com is a mom owned newly launched site.

    Have a beautiful day
    Rebecca

  1. debbiekl said...:

    Fun Blog - Happy UBP10!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails