Happy House-A-Versary To Me!!

Last weekend we celebrated my one year house-a-versary. Yes, it was just a year ago that I bought this beloved house and my life has changed in a million ways since then. The biggest change (beyond being in a massive amount of debt until the day I die) is my social life. We lived in our apartment for five years and I probably only had company over to hang out less than ten times. I now have people over about twice a month. It's been an amazing and wonderfully fun year and I have loved every second of owning this house! 

So to celebrate my house-a-versary, I had a few friends over to help me out.
This post is a bit picture-heavy, but I didn't post all 98 photos that my friend and I took...just a handful.

Courtney and I getting ready. I was on the side of the mirror that enlarges your face by 10,000 because I am blind without glasses. We had been just hanging out, did some shopping, made some brownies and then realized...oh...we have 30 minutes til people might be here! Let's go get ready!


Andrew is awesome. He always helps me clean up before and after my parties, and this time offered to also help finish up the brownie making-he even did the dishes!! Sometimes you can forget it he's a moody, snarling teenager, he's just so wonderful!

Mike's Hard Lemonade is almost always a theme at my house. I love them and I especially love that they have a light version!
I have no comment. Nobody forced this man to do this-he voluntarily thought it would be a good idea to put earrings and a necklace on.

We almost always end the night with Catchphrase. It's the best game in the entire world. I'm not sure what Jason is doing here..it's like he's pretending it's his turn. Funny little drunk man.
Oh, wait, what's that you see? My beloved teenager at the party? Yes...I have no idea how it came to be, but he hung out with us for quite some time. This led to a discussion on whether we needed house rules for those times when Andrew might be around...



Each rule has a story that goes with it.....I'll spare you all the details on those. It was entertaining and quite funny to all of us there.

Remember how I enjoy taking pictures after I've had *ahem* a few drinks? I have about 8 of me and my friend Dean. Same pose, different levels of blurriness/double chinness/bad smileness/etc.

This is John--make sure you are always on his team if it is a movie trivia game! He's come to quite a few of my games nights and events but I never get him in a picture so I thought since I did---I should post it.

Some people got sleepy early in the evening....

And just couldn't make it the whole night....


The morning after shot...part of the empty bottle collection.


It was a great house-a-versary party! I love my friends. I love my Mikes. I love my new house rules.



And now on to the next....






12 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    oh my...those house rules....umm...lol.

    happy house-aversary!

  1. kyooty said...:

    Happy Houseaversary!! :)

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    Awesome! Congrats on one year! It's nice to have a home you love and enjoy. :)

  1. Brandy said...:

    I want to come to your house parties. they look like the most fun ever

  1. Debbie said...:

    That looks like so much fun! Congrats on the houseaversary.

  1. Pam said...:

    Wow. I can't believe you've been in your house a whole year. Congrats on the house-a -versary.

  1. Nat said...:

    Hah! I had a great time! I had a feeling Amy wouldn't be making it through the whole night. :)

  1. I still remember how great it felt to move into our first house. Happy House-i-versary!

  1. carma said...:

    that looks like a fun pah-tay!! And how 'bout Andrew hanging out with you guys and not hiding out of embarrassment as my son would probably be doing ;-)

  1. kilax said...:

    I want to know about the Robot rule ;)

    I cannot believe it has been a year already! Wow, time flies!

  1. Heather said...:

    No hitting on Andrew! Girls or punches? LOL!!!

    Happy house anniversary! It is so nice to get together with friends and have a good time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails