I'm In Los Angeles!! You Should Have Been Here!

I've been away, I'm sure you were wondering why I haven't been blogging.

I was going to Los Angeles for an Excel training for work (I love excel), so I decided to take a couple days vacation and do some sight-seeing. My sister, Jenny, drove up from San Diego and met me and we did a bunch of tourist things, including paying real money for a map of other peoples houses (aka "stars) and driving all over to spy on people.

Like Dr. Phil:

I actually went up to Dr. Phil's intercom (at his gate) and asked for him. He wasn't home, said the women who answered. She asked who I was and I said the first thing that came to mind: "A friend from down the road." I'm not really though. I don't even like him, but we were told that sometimes he comes out and says hello to the tour buses outside and I just wanted a photo. I meant him no harm. Bummer he wasn't home. We could have been friends.

Like the Fresh Prince of Bel Air:
You'll notice how close I am to the house...we weren't exactly sure if we were allowed to drive up to it-it IS someones house (not the Fresh Prince of Bel Air's) and we drove up the long drive cause the gate was open. But it's a loopy driveway and you have to go right past a window on the side of the house, then up around the garage, and then down another long drive. We did it once and laughed and were unsure and didn't really get any pics the first time so we thought-we better do it again--but then the second time, there was someone at the window and we were screaming and trying to leave quickly. Why do people leave their gates open??


We also drove up into this housing area where there is a little security gate and a sign that says to stop and that vehicles will be inspected...but there wasn't anyone there when we came by, so we just kept on driving. We saw someone taking trash into the garage at Kimora Simmons house-she gave us a nasty look. We went up to Nicole Kidman's house and loudly whispered her name, but she didn't respond and you can't see the house so we left. On the way out, the security guard was back in his gate and gave us a good scolding for going into the neighborhood. We let him know that we didn't see anything but he was really unhappy with us. We later thought that we should have asked to take a picture with him-but I don't think he would have found the humor in it.

We had this delicious meal for dinner at the Saddle Ranch restaurant, where you can roast smores outside (um, for TEN dollars!!) and you can get a half-baked cookie with a big scoop of ice cream on top-though it's not really just one cookie-it's a plate sized cookie, but is TO DIE FOR and worth every second I'll have to spend on the treadmill to work it off later.


After dinner we headed over to a comedy show hosted by the winner of Last Comic Standing's 6th season, Iliza Schlesinger.
The show was okay but it wasn't as funny as I had expected. She did little routine bits, starting off the show with about 5 minutes of material--which she had to refer to notes in front of her throughout. Then she introduced the other 9 comics, and at one point she got on stage with a granola bar in her hand, still chewing. And it wasn't part of a comedy bit...she was just in the midst of eating. It was weird, as I think I really liked her on the tv show, but I am not sure I like her now.

Yesterday, Jenny and I did some walking along Hollywood Blvd to see the touristy things, like Mann's Theater and the stars on the sidewalk thing. This is probably my favorite photo from that area:


Then we headed off to the Getty Museum and it was amazing! They have this enormous garden with a gazillion flowers, ones I think they made up as they are really original and fake-like.
Here are a few pics taken (with my amazing new camera:

You can click on the link below Neptune to see the full string of photos:
And I have just one more day of beloved-Excel training and then I'm headed home tomorrow night, where hopefully the teenager has managed to keep the house picked up and the cats fed. And then it's back to the reality of work and no-harassing people in their homes or spending all day taking pictures. Bummer.

8 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    nice. i need to go to some training in exotic locales...used to travel a lot as a trainer...one of th best parts was seeing the cities...

  1. Very cool photos.

    I have never had a desire to visit California (earthquakes scare me!), but I think if I did go, I would totally do the star tours. That and the tours that take you to where stars have died. (I know morbid!)

  1. san said...:

    Oh, I am so jealous... I used to live down the street from the Ghetty!

  1. Nat said...:

    Wow, looks like you are having a fun trip! :) I love your new camera!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    What about "Teenagers rule#1" When parents is away have party?

  1. Courtney said...:

    K, loving your pics! Keep them coming! Glad you had a good time in LA.

  1. Heather said...:

    Looks like you two had a lot of fun! Your new camera takes great pictures!

  1. carma said...:

    what a fun trip!! You crack me up with your love for Excel - I like to avoid that kind of stuff like the plague :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails