A Fond Farewell To You, My Beloved

Well, it has been about 18 months or so that I decided that I would volunteer in a different way...a way that is done with love, but is bittersweet at the end.

I have been growing my hair out for almost two years now, for the sole purpose of cutting it off and sending it away, to provide a wig for a child in need. I did it back in 2000 also and it's a great feeling, knowing that I helped someone in need in a way that was so easy for me. I mean really, what do you do when you cut your hair? Just throw it away?? How wasteful.

However...it may have been cheaper for me to save the money I spent on shampoo and conditioner just in the last 6 months and got myself a beautiful little girl through Save the Children and just shaved her head. Less painful for me...but whatever. I have great hair and it is for a great cause and now.....I must say goodbye....

Let's review some of our good times together before the end happens...tomorrow at 5pm.

My hair and I in Vegas (we were very lucky with the slots)



My hair and I volunteering.



My hair and I in Mexico.



My hair and I doing artsy stuff at a class north of Seattle.


My hair and I enjoying the sun in Seattle.

My hair and I getting all dolled up.

My hair and I...after quite a few drinks...

So many good times. I'll miss you beautiful hair. But perhaps I'll see you on a child someday and smile fondly.

9 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    Good for you, Kaylen! Can't wait to see the cute new hair cut on Saturday!

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    sweet! cant wait to see the new you. smiles.

  1. Brandy said...:

    yay for you. your hair is so pretty and will make a little girl very happy.

  1. carma said...:

    I love that you are doing this, but what if it is your "lucky Vegas hair" ??? ;-)

  1. Denis said...:

    So that's your big day! I like your "My hair and I getting all dolled up." picture. Looking good! Seattle shot good too

  1. Right on...looking forward to seeing the new you, just don't shave it completely off. :)

  1. So worth it! You did such a great thing!

  1. Heather said...:

    What a wonderful thing to do! When my bf was diagnosed with cancer she had her locks cut off and donated to Locks of love. Great charity!

  1. Great retrospective! I have also done the same and have been growing mine for 2 years to do it again soon. I believe it is a WONDERFUL organization. Much love & hugs to you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails