A Day In My Life - A Picture Story

Today was such a peaceful day.

I was a juror!!
For about 4 hours I sat in the dungeon of the courthouse and was prepared to spring into action at any time and perform my civic duty and throw some bad guys in jail. Unfortunately, my number didn't get called for the first four trials, two trials were rescheduled, and three others settled without my wise guidance.

So I went home and enjoyed the gorgeous day we had.

I worked really hard at one point in the beginning of summer to prep the garden area so I could grow enough food to save some money on groceries.
However, we had nothing but rain in June, and then no sun or rain for most of July, and there were bugs everywhere, blahblah. It just didn't work out. I did have a ton of roma tomatoes that just suddenly appeared one day.

The weather was perfect today. About 80 degrees maybe, which is just perfect for sitting outside on your recently painted deck.
We painted/stained it ourselves - Andrew did the first coat; I did the touch-ups and the in-between-the-boards-torturous painting. It was a ridiculous amount of work. It looks a million times better though and was very necessary.

Today was a good day to clear out some hoodlums who have been hanging about.
There were a few of them, with elaborate houses. We helped them pack their stuff and hit the road.

I love this tree just off my deck:

If you look closely, you can see that the leaves actually grow right out of the limbs, not just off the branches. I love it. There's also a birds nest (on the left side), but we didn't notice it until after it had been vacated.


I had some company from the rebel cat, Whiskers, who really wants to be an outdoors cat, but isn't trustworthy enough to be given the privilege. And he refuses to move when we put the harness and leash on him, so he's always kept jailed in the house.
Unless I forget to close the screen door and he just suddenly appears.

Once things were back in their place on the deck, it was time for dinner:
Ginger chicken stir fry. LOVE this.

And then it was time to work off that delicious dinner.
I'm busting ass on the treadmill this week trying to make my goal for the month. I was just a little behind schedule and thought I would have to kick it up a notch the last two weeks. But then I got sick last week and when I climbed out of the infirmary, I suddenly found myself way behind. The blisters on my heels might kill me tonight. If you don't hear from me again - blame the blisters (or maybe the revenge of the spiders).

6 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    mmm...dinner looks good...been raining here for days...suposed to get 5 more inches today...ready for it to break so i can get some of that outside time...

  1. kyooty said...:

    It sounds like a lovely 'fall?" day. I'm amazed just how green your trees are still. WE have lots of colour going on here.

  1. What a wonderful weekend you enjoyed. I've heard jury duty is often like you describe--kind of overrated and dull.

  1. Denis said...:

    I'm getting a lot of spiders too. Leaving them be and hoping they kill other bugs

  1. Lynette said...:

    your right it turned into a beautiful day! but i would have left the visitors and their homes....i hear they are great at getting rid of bugs.

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    The deck looks great.

    Thank you for your kind words and support. I really appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails