Here's Your Chance to Vote for Me Spending All My Money

Andrew's 18th bday is coming up.
What should I get him???

He wants a little something special from the guitar store. Nothing big, just one of these:

For those of you who don't recognize it, that's a Gibson Les Paul Standard Traditional Plus Electric Guitar.

He has sound logic on why he should get it:
  • He's had the same electric guitar for four years. His skill level has surpassed what that guitar can do for him. (He's REALLY good!!!!)
  • He is going to college and then grad school and won't be able to afford one for the next 5-7 years.
  • It can be a birthday-xmas-graduation gift. He would expect nothing else.
He's referring to it as his BirthMasUation present.
 
What do you think? Should Andrew get this guitar? And do you have a connection at the Les Paul factory that would save me $1000 on this gift? **Let's note that Andrew has been a near-perfect child, is an amazing student, and is going to be very successful in life and take care of me in my old age (i.e. in 10 yrs).**

What did you get for your 18th? And your h.s. graduation?

8 comments:

  1. carma said...:

    unfortunately I don't have any connections, but I vote that you get it for him. He is a good kid. I never got big presents and would have loved to have gotten something of this magnitude...He will treasure it! Go for it!!!

  1. Denis said...:

    Yes with your nice tax credit you got a new camera and new eyes. So your boy can get a guitar. (I forgot what I got for HS graduation)

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    oh i think he deserves it...smiles. us guys got to stick together right?

  1. Lynette said...:

    Heck if we spend $2000 for a clarinet for a band student who may or may not ever touch it again after highschool.....then oh my a dedicated musician who loves to play his guitar would treasure this one. And heck the next will be one he has hand made for himself, right?

  1. I got nothing CLOSE to that for my 18th birthday! And I think the fact that my parents were paying for college (the first go round) was my grad gift. :-)
    If you buy it, you'll make his year!

  1. Raven said...:

    I vote yes. He sounds like an awesome kid and since it would be a combination birthday/grad present, I think it would be ok.

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    I can't say anything because I got a $10,000 car. and I was not a perfect kid. I did realize the awesomeness of that present and kept it for 8 years. but lik eyou said he's a good kid - he's worth it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails