Monthly Workout Stats - August - Just Keep On Keepin' On

Losing weight is fun!!!

Losing weight sucks!!

Both statements = true.

Let's review:


May:
  • Goal: 40 miles
  • Actual: 64 miles
June
  • Goal: 50
  • Actual: 75
July
  • Goal: 85
  • Actual: 88.19
And on to August.

August was a big plateau for me. I gained a few pounds, and then fought to lose them again. I know I gained weight because of two factors: 1) Not enough water. I had the easiest weight loss each week when I was drinking 7000 buckets of water a day. August I slipped back a bit and just had 3-6 glasses a day. 2) Not counting calories on a daily basis. It really is easy to slip up and have an 1800 calorie day instead of a 1200 calorie day (or maybe a few 2400 calorie days in there!)..and once you do it once, it's easy to do it six days in a row.

However, even with those two negatives, I was feeling really GREAT about the treadmill and my progress, so I stepped up my running, and instead of running in spurts of 3 minutes, I was running in spurts of 9 minutes (I know this sounds like nothing, but let me assure you-big girls do not run for 9 minutes at a time unless a large wild animal is chasing them). So I was LOVING my 9 minutes of easy running at a 5mph pace, but after just 3 days of this, my knees started sending me a message.

The message went something like this: Stop the effing running or we will take you down, bitch.

And I take that message seriously, as they have taken me down before...and I know that to be able to continue my treadmilling, I need to baby these knees (or else they swear at me and then kill me all night and all day). So I took 4 days off to ease the knee pain, which helped tremendously, but I'm still icing them at night and doing lots of stretching. Knee pain is no joke, people! My knees are definitely part of some secret knee-Italian-Mob.

We did take a trip to Seattle for 2 days and did a ton of walking, and I had a few events where I did a ton of walking, but I am not counting those towards my goal....and so in August, I'm sad to report that I did not meet my goal. Sad. It's the first time I haven't, but I'm okay with it. I still feel like I'm on track towards the New Me and I feel like I'm doing it in the healthiest way possible.

My stats for August:
Goal: 90 miles
Actual: 75.36 miles (14.64 short of my goal)

I'm okay with it-I really am. I am not quitting, and that's the key point.
And this is a stat that reinforces my "I am not quitting" mantra:

Pounds lost from May 7th - August 5th: 38!!

121 days to lose 38 pounds. Impressive, yeah? I lost a bunch right at the beginning, as always happens with a lifestyle change, but realistically, I am going for a pound a week, as every good fitness plan in the entire world recommends.

So on I go...to the next month.

I think I'm going to try again for 90 miles. As long as I keep the knee pain at bay, I can do it!

September Goal: 90 miles.

Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    woot. congrats on the weight loss...tell those knees to buck it up this month...smiles.

  1. Nat said...:

    Wow, great job! I can't wait until school starts again, so that I don't have to pay for parking, therefore I can work out more at the Rec. Center. You are inspiring me to eat less chocolate chips and actually do something physical! Haha. Keep up the great work!

  1. Heather said...:

    Wow! You are really kicking those pounds to the curb! Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails