What's Up, Buttercup?

I feel like I am neglecting my millions  twenty faithful readers.
Let me catch you up on my life.

I CAN SEE!!!!!!!! I have so few memories of a life pre-glasses/contacts. This really is a christmas miracle! I think you guys out there with great vision take it for granted, but some of us have woken up every day for the last 25 years and not been able to see beyond a foot or two until some kind of vision apparatus is applied. And that's a long time to be without sight!! But those years are behind me now...yep..I am glasses free!!!! Hallelujah sweet baby buddha!

In other news...
I made this super kickass light calorie stuffed chicken breast dinner the other night. It went a lil somethin like this:
Baked veggies (zucchini, squash, carrots, green beans, peppers), grilled sweet potatoes, grilled stuffed chicken breast
Can you believe I made that? Doesn't it look delicious??? YES, yes it does.

Saturday I had lunch with one of the most amazing volunteers and one of her daughters and we went for a little walk around the neighborhood we were in and stumbled onto this castle-esque house:
If you look close, you can see the reindeer head hanging on the left side of the building.

This is the William Temple House, what was originally the Mackenzie House, built in 1892 at the hefty cost of $100,000. Now it's a house that provides help where it is needed on behalf of the disadvantaged and distressed in the community.
Love it.
There's a school park right nearby so we stopped to let a little someone play for a bit. It was such a gorgeous day!

It was also my young friend Natalie's 22nd birthday!! I just adore her - I don't know why anyone wouldn't really....she's just so cute you want to shrink her down and put her in your pocket and keep her forever.
Love her.

I don't think I love bowling though. Not because I'm not good at it, as you can see by the scores...I'm really at the pro level - check out the score for Blurry Eyes. That's some serious bowling.
I grew up bowling. I might have been born in a bowling alley. I'm pretty sure my lullaby as an infant went something like this: Order number six, your order is up. Order six at the counter.

And my son has been a bowler - he actually won at a bowling competition when he was league bowling:
I am cursed with bad wrists though (yes, I also have bad knees and a bad jaw-see a pattern?? A pattern of badness!!), and even if I bowl wearing a wrist brace (that I typically wear when I'm typing all day but which looks like something bowlers wear), my wrist still reaches out with angry tentacles and squeezes the very essence of my being and causes physical pain. I do like to bowl...but I don't like pain. Lame.

But - bowl I did - pain or no, hello? It's Natalie's birthday!! You have to do what she says or she gets angry and fierce looking:


Scary.

10 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    Haha! I laughed out loud several times reading this. I appreciate you being in pain in order to celebrate my birthday. I had such a great time! :)

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    nice. that is a gorgeous house...i always wanted to live in a castle...congrats on the no glasses! not much of a bowler either...

  1. You had a great time the last few days! Congrats on being Blurry Eyes No More! I am still one of those Contact wearers.

  1. Lynette said...:

    I am so envious of good eyesight too! Now about that bowling....I am bad at it. But my father in law does not ever give up on it. Him and my mom in law bowl once a week. She is 80 this year! And he is 77 and has only ONE LEG. Now that is dedication.

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    I'm so jealous of your lasik. I know I've said that like 100 times but really SO JEALOUS!

  1. Congrats on the successful surgery! I know many people who've enjoyed that treatment. Well, not the treatment, but the effects of it!
    We start bowling league Friday. I'm kind of dreading it this year.

  1. Happy birthday, Natalie! (I figure I should stay on her good side.)
    Those veggies look great. Just in time for me to start thinking about lunch.

  1. Raven said...:

    That dinner does look divine! I'm hungry now. :D

    That house is awesome, I want to live there!

  1. kyooty said...:

    Eye See you? :) YAY!
    Bowling is my older son's sport.

    Happy 22nd Birthday to your friend

  1. carma said...:

    was that bowling with the rails up or down?? I'm impressed - I believe my best was an 80 something with the rails up!!! :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails