Important Items On My To-Do List

I am a task list maker. I love me some lists. I make them for grocery shopping, but rarely follow them (which is why I ended up 3 shallots short for dinner the other night). I make them before leaving for vacation-and check things off twice, though I still sometimes forget things (ugh, stupid phone/laptop cord!).

And I have definitely rubbed off on my offspring. When we have a deep clean to do before company comes, Andrew insists on having a list so that he can see exactly what is expected of him so he will know if he needs to be outraged.

I make lists at work sometimes, when I'm feeling so overwhelmed with the amount of stuff to do and I feel like some things might get lost in the fray. But sometimes I'm so busy that I don't even feel like I can take the time to make a list. That's when you know you are overwhelmed

I like to have a list in front of me so I can cross things off when I'm done. However, sometimes I do nothing on the list and I feel like it's too late to even bother to start on it...so I just make a new list and start over. That second list should really start out with: Finish the last task list. But sometimes it feels better to just re-write some of the items again-like maybe if I have the recent memory of hand-writing the word, I'm more likely to actually accomplish the task.

I found this list from last summer.  I think there's a couple things I haven't completed....one is change the garage door code...


Any guess as to what the other is that needs to be finished?

15 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    nice. my wife is a list maker...she makes them for me as well...

  1. I need to be a list maker but I am so the opposite. I think of a 1000 things that need to be done, start working on it, then go I think I finished what I needed too till I sit down and the thing that started it all is still right there waiting to be done LOL

  1. Melinda said...:

    I love lists and I especially love getting to cross things off my lists. My favorite is my life list; a list of things both big and small that I want to do before I die. For everyday lists I have a dry erase board in my kitchen. They keep my on task most times.

  1. As a fellow list-er, I salute you. I need to put that on my list, too--win 1 million. Maybe it would happen?

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    ummmm, vacuum the car? LOL That's always the one I never get done. I can't find an extension cord long enough to reach where my parking spot it. ;)

  1. carma said...:

    some days I swear I'm getting Alzheimers - I can go to the store and come back without half the things that are on my list. A list I bring with me!

  1. Denis said...:

    Win Million dollars on my list now.
    Digital and works everywhere(PC at work, PC at home, android phone)
    https://simple-note.appspot.com/index.html

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    You better change that garage code! What if something happens!!

    hehehe

  1. Raven said...:

    Every so often I'll make a list...then lose it. Or forget it if I need it somewhere else, like at the grocery store. That's why I don't make lists often!

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    Are we related? LOL I am the same way about lists! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you now!

  1. Debbie said...:

    I so love a list! Now, you get right to work on that million dollar item!

  1. Lynn said...:

    I dont go too crazy on the list making, but I do make a list for shopping and vacation time :o)

  1. Julie said...:

    When I do something that's not on my list but was important, I write it on the list and then cross it off. It makes it a look like I did something too. :o)
    Thanks for stopping by. It is hard but we'll do it. I know we will. Just takes time.
    Take care and have a blessed evening.

  1. Midwest Mommy said...:

    I was always horrible at remembering my lists especially if it was stuff I really to bring the next morning so I started taping them to the front door. lol, then I had no excuse.

  1. paige said...:

    Vacuum the car? You really should get on that one. :)

    I love this - I didn't know you were writing about me today. You got it spot on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails