Monthly Workout Stats - September - Rockin In The Free World

Well, this month has been great in some ways: I got eye surgery! 
But bad in another: I lost no weight. Not one pound. You would think I would have at least lot a fourth of a pound from not having to wear glasses, but no. Nothing.

Whatever stupid scale. You won't deter me (yet). I'm a professional treadmill walker. And walk, I did.

Let's review:


May:
Goal: 40 miles
Actual: 64 miles

June:
Goal: 50
Actual: 75

July:
Goal: 90
Actual: 88.19

August:
Goal: 90
Actual: 75.36

Look at that progress - but look at two months of missing my goal! I had high hopes to finally reach that 90 mile goal. And I was on track the first part of the month, then I had a light week, but oh well, I'll make up for it at the end of the month....but then I got sick!! Why do I procrastinate!!! HOWEVER - I kicked some treadmill ass this last week. BAM! Take that calendar statistics!!!

On the morning of the 26th, I woke up after being sick and found that I still had just over 27 miles to walk to make my goal  And five days to do it. I usually walk just over 3 miles at a time, on weekends I do 4-5, and some days I do double days and walk 3 miles in the am and 3 more at night. So to walk 27 miles in 5 days??? That seemed very unlikely.

I was lamenting to my friend online about it and how I was going to miss my goal for the THIRD month in a row!! 
His response was: I fail all the time.

I love my friends.

Anyway, the final stats are in and this is where I landed:

Miles walked in September: 91.1 (woohoo!!!)
Calories burned (if we are trusting the treadmill calculator): 9288 (but no weight loss..nice)

No failure for me this month! And it's about time.I couldn't take a third month of missing my goal.

So now that I did the 90 miles and I know it's very possible, should I go for it again? I think I have to...to prove I can do it-it wasn't like a one-time thing, I can really do 90 miles a month!

So bring it on October - it's you and me and 90 miles to go. And it's good we have an extra day because I took off last night and will take off today to heal my aching feet from this power-week I just had.

90 miles - anyone want to walk these miles with me? An online walking partner? Check in every few days maybe?

8 comments:

  1. kel said...:

    Holy cow, that is awesome!! You go, girl!

  1. kilax said...:

    Whoa? Walking that much in one month is AWESOME! I can't wait to see what you do in October!

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    oh yeah pamper those feet...and great job stretching to hit that goal...

  1. carma said...:

    I do the elliptical every day. Not exactly the treadmill but maybe we can work something out...

  1. Pam said...:

    Wow! I thought my walking two miles a day was good. You have me stomped! Way to go, Kaylen!
    BTW, I safety pin my cuffs. :)

  1. Heather said...:

    I am always amazed at your ability to keep going. I was walking two miles a day but then I trew my back out and it's been two and a half weeks now with no walking. I just mentioned to hubby this evening that I miss my nature walks.

    Congrats on meeting your goal!

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    Did you write about the eye surgery??

    Don't worry too much about the weight. Walking and getting healthy is more important. It'll come off. I'm sure you are building up muscles you didn't have before, and then you will see some weight loss. Keep it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails