More Wood Than Any Girl Can Handle

I moved into my house about 18 months ago. Have I told you about my barstools? Let's take a second to talk bar furniture, shall we?

I believe the former owner had some kind of stock in a little product we will call 1970's "wood". This guy left me a lot of wood. Wood in the entryway, wood in the living room, wood in the kitchen, in the dining room, in the bathroom. I have more wood than any girl could ever want!!  WOOD!!! EVERYWHERE!!!

These are my current bar stools:
This is the kitchen bar they sit at:

(yeah, I didn't clean the counter before taking the picture. And have no idea what that black dot is on the floor.)
This is the wood in my living room area, above the fireplace:


These are the wood-framed mirrors in the entryway:


This is the monstrous wood light thing in the main bathroom (which I am hoping will be ripped out this week!!!):


See the theme?? And all the cupboards are 1970's wood, kitchen and bathroom!

I need to make a move from this wood look...and reclaim my home. I am starting with the bathroom light fixture. I bought a new one and just need my handyman to come install it and take out that wood monster. And I think the next easy fix for my wood issue is to replace the bar stools with something from this century. Or maybe I can paint them a silvery-coppery-gold color and reupholster them into something more funky and fun. I've seen this done online, I know it's not that difficult....but deep inside, I will always know they are that same bland wood....maybe I will have to ask Santa to go shopping for bar stools for me.  Stay tuned!!


17 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    ha. not too long ago (several years) we realised we had a wood thing going...only ours were all differnt colors...we are moving away from it...

  1. Mom Taxi Julie said...:

    My mom's house was built in the early 80's and it has a ton of wood too. I keep telling her she should paint it. I used to hate having to dust it all when I was a kid!

  1. Melinda said...:

    I feel your pain. When we moved into our house it was covered in every room with thick wood panels. It was so horrible we had to drywall over them because they WOULD NOT COME OUT!

  1. we are slowly eradicating the 70s wood look of our home, too. UGH.

  1. Your post title ROCKS.
    Yes, you need to get rid of the wood--or paint over it. OR start wearing bell bottoms and velour tops...

  1. I live that nightmare! To top it off, we have a ceiling that slopes up from the first floor to the second floor and it's entirely paneled in cedar. My house is dark like a cave.

  1. Raven said...:

    Love the post title. LMAO Wow, that's a lot of wood! Good luck with the light fixture and I hope Santa brings you new bar stools!

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    Hey just had to tell you that I loved your Blogger Spotlight for MyBlogSpark. You are awesome and I'm glad that others know how great you are.

    Looking forward to hearing and seeing the changes you make in your home.

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    I can't wait to see AFTER pictures.

  1. carma said...:

    congrats on MyBlogSpark.

    You crack me up with the comment guilt ;-)

    wood can be a good thing when done properly (unlike in this case :D )

  1. carma said...:

    Oh, and my dang feed is still broken!!!!

  1. Lynette said...:

    Kaylen....wow! You did good being the My Blog Spark blogger of the month....and you deserve it! Great job and as always....we love you.

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    I like the title.....a little dirty! haha

  1. Nat said...:

    re-upholstering (too tired to even check if that is spelled correctly) sounds fun! I wanna help!

  1. Heather said...:

    Light fixture, a must replace! Bar stools, fingers crossed for santa to come through for ya. Mirrors, black satin spray paint worked great for mine.
    BUT I totally love that mantle just the way it is!

  1. Debbie said...:

    We have quite a bit of wood too. I find that a nice layer of dust masks it quite well:)

  1. Lynn said...:

    That is alot of wood, good luck on the change overs you would like to do :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails