The Rescue of the Miners Topic Continues...

Anybody else notice that the last rescue worker out didn't turn off any lights?? He didn't.
And shouldn't they have tried to send up the capsule with some of the supplies they had down there?

And Steve Jobs so graciously gave each miner an iPod. Is he going to give them a computer to go with them? Don't you need one to set it up with iTunes? I really have no idea. And why wouldn't he give them all an iPad-a nice promotion for the new product. Just an idea...

And....it's great that they are closing this mine, which is like a million years old and originally carved out by cavemen riding on dinosaurs, but there are 300 people employed in that mine. And now they are going to be unemployed. Something to think about.

AND....it was great to see the President of Chile there for every rescue-it was a LONG time to be on hand, smiling, looking pretty...but I was surprised that Pinera didn't pledge a gift to the miners himself. He's a billionaire...with a capital B. Maybe it would have been weird, but I don't think so. It would almost be like a relief to offload some of that money, wouldn't it? I know if I had a billion dollars, I would try to pass some out to a good cause, just so I can more easily manage my checkbook.  I'm just sayin...

7 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    the not turning out the lights...interesting...did not catch that...me, i am just glad they are back...

  1. Lynn said...:

    Hmmmm, that is something to think about for sure, maybe the gifts arent done yet and they will receive something to go with their ipods :o)

  1. blueviolet said...:

    Food for thought for sure!

  1. Okay, I'm still freaking about the entire thing because I'm wicked claustrophobic and wouldn't have lasted 10 MINUTES in that mine!

  1. Raven said...:

    I'm with Green Girl, I would have died from a panic attack long before they were able to drag me out!

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    I think the miners should be set up for life. It drives me crazy to think that they will most likely have to go back to mining. I just keep thinking that they will have PTSD. How can you not after such an experience?

  1. Is it bad that I can say I never watched one televised coverage?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails