Sundays In My City - Portland, Oregon

I've been stalking Unknown Mami for awhile now and Sundays In My City is a fun pictorial day for her to share her city with you...and I have FINALLY gotten around to joining in! These are actually pics from Saturday, meh, whatever.

Unknown Mami


Downtown Portland has a bit of everything.

HATS!!!







Dresses being sold on the corner.


Pools of water with signs that are necessary to clarify that this is not water meant for drinking (cause
when you're thirsty, you'll drink from any pool of water?).


Criminals!!! This guy was standing in the corner for much too long - I thought he was urinating (so of course I took a picture). But Scooby Doo Natalie and I investigated and found a pile of price tag remnants!

More crime:
We had our backs turned for the actual event - but we turned around and saw our famous city silver man on the corner had been tackled by some jackass. Like a full-on football tackle, knocking him off his silver box in his silver shoes, to the non-silver ground. The jerkface who did the tackling then ran directly by Natalie and I-who hadn't fully caught on to what had happened, but we knew he was running from something and did our part in punishing him by yelling: "bad, bad move buddy" and "boooooo!" as he sprinted past us. He was close enough that I could have taken two steps and tripped him, but it all happened so quickly and the guy was obviously on drugs - he had the biggest smile on his face and he was wearing a button down shirt, opened, with nothing underneath...and it wasn't a warm sunny day. Anyway - bad move buddy!

Silver man slowly got up and I guess he was okay. After a few minutes he got back on his silver box and pulled his silver balls back out and started spinning them. We gave him a few bucks and apologized for the crappy people in the world.

Oh-and then Nat and I saw Waiting for Superman, the documentary about our school systems, and I HIGHLY recommend it. It was really good, eye-opening, scary and touching. Please go see it. And the please go be Superman and save our education system cause it's in a sad, sad state of affairs. Which means our future is....so please go see it, and then go talk about it, and then try to help make a difference.

10 comments:

  1. Joanna Jenkins said...:

    Hmm, would somebody actually drink the water ??!?!

    Portland is such a great city and I remember the food/restaurants being awesome.

    Poor Silver Man. Why do people do mean things. Grrr.

    Have a great week. jj

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    nice. been a while since i was in portland...silver dude, cool...crime, boo...

  1. Matty said...:

    It took me a bit to realize he was real. You should have snapped a picture as he went by.

  1. Heather said...:

    Lovely hats! Makes ya wonder if that lady was selling her dress or somebody elses. Seriously I can't think of any reason to drink from one of those pools, but apperently it is a rampant problem! LOL! That is soo sad that people get there jollies offby being mean to other people. Too bad ya didn't get the chance to trip him. That graph is quite disturbing!

  1. Thanks for sharing. So, did you buy a hat?

  1. Sonya said...:

    Portland is beautiful. I miss Oregon!

  1. myrelish said...:

    It is such a shame that some people can be such downright monsters. Luckily it didn't ruin your day and you had a chance to get some great pics.

  1. Raven said...:

    Sounds like an interesting day! Portland looks like a great city.

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    I am so embarrassed just last week I refilled my water bottle from a public pond. I had no idea it wasn't drinking water. I mean there were no signs.

    I loved this post! I'm so glad you played along.

  1. My mom was down in the States last week and brought back a bag of candies for the kids. There was actually a warning saying that hard and soft candies could be a choking hazard.

    My graph would have a lot more green on it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails