Celebrating the Hostile Takeover of the Native Americans Land

We visited my parents house up north on Thanksgiving for a big family dinner on Friday evening. It went a little something like this:

FUN in the kitchen (HOURS in the kitchen)

Andrew and I dancing for the camera. Still cameras don't quite capture this as much as video might.

My niece, Alyssa, helping with the best broccoli dish ever.
OMG the best broccoli dish EVER. Recipe to follow later this week.

Yumminess. I only had two of these-yay for self control! (I don't have a good reputation for self control where oreos are concerned!)

Extreme Yumminess!!! Blackberry brandy slush - LOVE this.

Team Kitchen (minus our honorary member Alyssa who wouldn't come back to the kitchen once she was bored of it). We had a great time and made a great dinner!!

Team Kitchen gets to eat first!

One of the best Thanksgiving meals I have had as a non-turkey eater.
Our day was shopping (4am!), napping, cooking, playing Spoons (my newest favorite game), cooking cooking cooking, eating and cleaning and then more games. And then Andrew and I settled into my little radiator-leaking CRV and drove 3 hours home, arriving at our destination about 11:30pm. Long day!!

How was your Thanksgiving? I hope it was as fun as ours!

6 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    nice...looks like a lot of fun overall..smiles. and the dance vid?

  1. Ours was ALMOST that fun...not quite.

  1. Debbie said...:

    Can't wait for that broccoli recipe!

  1. Please share the broccoli recipe! My holiday was definitely full, but in the way of family!

  1. carma said...:

    You guys all look so happy :) Glad you had a nice day. We made a broccoli dish too!! Broccoli dishes are da bomb :D

  1. Miss Shayla said...:

    Looks Delicious. I have to try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails