Crochet Fun, Anyone?

Is anyone reading this that knows how to crochet?

I am co-hosting a big project in January, working with families to teach them different life skills, like cooking, crocheting, first aid, volunteering, etc.

We'll have separate "stations" for each thing - and I am teaching the crochet station!

I haven't actually crocheted anything since maybe 1997...but I'm sure it's like riding a bike, right? I'm going to practice and then practice teaching someone, to see if I'm even qualified for this. I think it will be easy. I've known how to do it since I was little-maybe 9 or 10. I made some blankets, but I'm not sure that I've made anything beyond that. Once you have the basics down, it's easy to do other things.

I think for my class, I'm going to work on pot holders.
I wanted to do sock monkeys, but I think that would take too long. Like ten hours too long.
Baby blankets was another option, because it's just a really large pot holder right?

SCARVES! Those might be fun to make!!

Who wants to help me strategize? I would love any advice you might have. Feel free to comment below or email me your suggestions.

And if you happen to have a bunch of crochet hooks laying about, I need about 99.

5 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    go for the scarves...very practical and they can show them off...nice...

  1. Scarves--they are perhaps the easiest thing to crochet because you can single or double crochet a whole scarf pretty quickly. I did about 30 when I was learning :)

    As far as yarn and needles I have some extra send me your address and I will mail them to ya! I have more yarn than needles but that is the life of a crocheter LOL (we are ALWAYS losing needles)

  1. Julie said...:

    Me too, I think scaves would be the best thing to work on. I learned last winter, might of been the winter before can't remember for sure. But I made a scarf and even though it's not perfect it's not bad either and I wear it when I go skiing.
    Good luck on teaching. I don't think I have anything extra but I will look and see. I don't even know if I know where my needles are at the moment but will look.
    Take care and thank you for stopping by. I love it when you do that. Have a blessed evening.

  1. maria said...:

    Go for the scarves, they are easy to make and should be easy to teach.

    Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails