I Am A Super Shopper, aka I Bought A Guitar and Now I'm Poor

I am not one to drive all over town to save 50cents on a product and I don't usually spend a lot of time scouring the ads for the very best deals and planning my menu around what is on sale each week. However, when I do go grocery shopping, I try to make note of any sales tag in front of items I like. If something is on sale for more than 20% off, I stock up. Which is why you might sometimes find 12 bottles of bbq sauce in my pantry. I try to only stock up on very frequently used items, as there are only two of us in the house and my pantry is only so big.

But I'm thinking I might start planning meals based on sales.

This is a recent sales receipt from Albertsons:

Things to note:

I had $36.93 in savings.
I paid $28.53 total.

SCORE!!!! I saved more than I spent! Without even trying, or planning ahead (except for the big sale on asparagus).

I feel like I should do this EVERY time I go grocery shopping. I suspect there are people out there who do this on a regular basis.

How about you? Are you a coupon shopper, meal-planner-based-on-sales?

3 comments:

  1. That is mighty impressive! I'm not very good at couponing/bargain shopping. I just sort of stick to my list and don't buy much else.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    every time T goes shopping she shows me her savings...i just shake my head...

  1. lo said...:

    I am SUCH a coupon shopper! It is harder to do now that I'm trying to bake/cook a lot of my food from scratch but I use it for clothing shopping and drugstores (CVS extra bucks is a kick-ass program for saving money on toothpaste and shampoo- I haven't paid for toothpaste in almost a year!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails