I Survived Black Friday 2010!

Yeah, I did it...I braved the crowds of crazy shoppers at 4am on Friday morning to go save some money...and save some money I did!!  I am estimating that I saved close to $450 by shopping on Friday morning. Part of it was for Andrew - he got a couple new dress shirts and ties, two sweaters and a winter coat (he paid for 1/3 the cost though, so I didn't spend that much on clothes).

We, of course, went to Fred Meyers and got socks at 50% off - you can never have too many socks!

I got 3 new pans, which were needed and will be well-used now that I am loving this new cooking hobby.

We got 4 gifts for family members for Presents Day, which is in 28 days??!! Yikes!

And I got a new wonderful printer which has wireless capabilities, so we don't have to email ourself our documents and then log on to our main computer to print (irritating), and I can print photos directly from my phone (magic!!), AND it has a scanner so I don't have to go through the hassle of borrowing my friends scanner when I start on my next photo project. AND it is also a copier (right, same thing as a scanner I know), so Andrew can make copies of the sheet music he uses to teach his guitar student.

On top of all the amazing features and my deep love for it - it's a $200 printer that I got for $69.00. Is there any way this could be better?? I don't think so.

We didn't have any problem with mean or rude people while out and about, just the opposite really. And some of the stores had amazing coordinated efforts to keep things moving along quickly so we didn't spend most of our time standing in lines.

Black Friday was started to help stimulate businesses and the economy and I feel pretty good about doing my part.

And I'm excited to spend most of tomorrow printing and scanning!!!

4 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    nice. went out yesterdy for a bit...no way was i going out on friday...good job surviving...

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    Have you figured out the printing from the phone? Ive tried and my phone won't pick up the printer

  1. Denis said...:

    That printer sounds awesome! I'm jealous

  1. I went to Toys R Us at 10pm on Thanksgiving, the line was wrapped around the parking lot ....so we just went to Midnight madness at the mall..... then we went back around 1am and walked right in, we were not able to walk out though we stood in line to check out for 1 1/2 hour

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails