Monthly Work Out Stats - October - Losing Weight? Nah, Walking is Just Good Clean Fun.

Been walking? Oh yeah, I sure have!

I think my treadmill belt might need replaced - it's shedding, leaving a little pile of black pixie dust on the carpet at the end of the treadmill. Anyone have any experience changing these out? I might attempt it on my own.
Let's review my walking adventures:

May:
Goal: 40 miles
Actual: 64 miles

June:
Goal: 50
Actual: 75

July:
Goal: 90
Actual: 88.19

August:
Goal: 90
Actual: 75.36

September:
Goal: 90
Actual: 91.1
 
October goal was 90...again with the 90. 90 is actually a really great number, right?
 
Because 90 is the sum of its unitary divisors (excluding itself), it is a unitary perfect number, and because it is equal to the sum of a subset of its divisors, it is a semiperfect number. 90 is a pronic number. But it is also a nontotient.
 
It is a Perrin number, preceded in the sequence by 39, 51, 68.

90 is divisible by the sum of its base 10 digits, thus it is a Harshad number.

You already knew that though...but did you know that 90 is a huge amount of miles to walk in a month? It is. It's time-consuming. It's draining. It's a little bit boring sometimes.
But it's worth it...to have a graph that looks like this:

I
My goal for the month was 90.
I walked 90.11.

I actually gave up on my goal on Saturday, with just 10 miles left and was ready to log on this here blog that I had failed....but then I woke up Sunday and couldn't just not walk at all, so I walked 4.5 miles in the morning, and then it just didn't feel right to not walk at night, so I decided to just go for a short walk and continue giving the finger to my goal....but then I was soooo close and I figured it would be stupid to give in to failure at that point. So I trudged along until I made it...and then I felt good for sticking with it. YAY ME!

But I have to confess that I am more than frustrated with the weight loss of late. I have given up so many things I used to enjoy a lot, I have been so aware of my calorie intake, and I have continued with the walking, but the scale just isn't moving.

I am joining a gym with a free 3-month membership, but not until January, as December is a huge volunteering month for me and it would be a waste. Until then, I think I'm going to add in some aerobic videos (they are free on comcast!) to see if that helps.

And if not, I might have to consider meth. I hear people have great weight loss success with that.


Goal for November walking: 81 miles (a lower goal because I'm going to do other aerobic activity and I do work full-time and have a child, etc)

8 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    good job pushing through there in the end...stay at it...i think you may want to question someone on the losing weight vs. toning etc...i dont have the knwledge personally but they may make a few adjustments that make all the difference...

  1. Lynette said...:

    wish i had a tread mill....instead I am just jogging in place and doing the Wii now. Curves and winter just does not work for me....something with the fact I actually have to leave the house. Humm? Seems I blossom every spring and hibernate every winter.

  1. Yes, but meth is so expensive... :-)

  1. I am very proud of your walking!

    That scale is just EVIL! Meth just isn't quite in my budget LOL

  1. carma said...:

    why stop there - go for cocaine. I think that what most of Hollywood uses :D

  1. Lynn said...:

    I used to have a treadmill but with my foot problems I got me a bike to use now instead, I just have to use it regularly instead of sometimes, that is great with your walking, keep it up :o)

  1. Denis said...:

    Weight Watchers works. It's tough though

  1. while meth may help one lose weight...it also helps you lose your teeth, hair, etc... there are better drugs out there :)

    good for you for not giving up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails