Alone...All Alone

Andrew was accepted to the all-state choir competition this weekend (yay!).  He packed his bags and jumped in a van this morning, so it's just me and the kitties all weekend long.

And a pile of movies, a puzzle, and a clean house! For 2 full days!!!

I'm going to eat whenever and whatever.


I'm going to watch what I want.

I'm going to revel in the fact that the next time I open the pantry door, there won't be an empty granola bar wrapper staring back at me.

And I'm going to miss this kid like crazy.


And this is just a sign of times to come.

In eight months, I will be missing him every day while he is away at college. EIGHT MONTHS!!! It doesn't seem like it's possible. I've never been without him....I might cry a lot. And drink too much. And whine a lot-right here. To all of you. Please start preparing yourself, as I am.

8 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    smiles. enjoy the trial run....

  1. TQ said...:

    I'm prepared :)

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    You will do great. And we will be here when you need us

  1. Allison Browning said...:

    I'll be your drinking buddy if you want :) Sending you <3

  1. Raven said...:

    I'm coming up right behind you. My youngest Drunken Midget is 15 and I'm dreading when she'll be gone. Well, most days anyway. ;)

  1. Denis said...:

    You should have a new baby! That way you
    can delay your drinking and crying
    for another 19 years

  1. How hard! But have fun on your solo weekend, he'll be home with his dirty laundry before you know it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails