Sick! Sick! Sick!

Imagine you swallow a hand towel, which gets stuck in your throat.
And the hand towel is on fire.
And has spikes.

And is stuck in the back of your throat.

That's how I feel right now.
I think I've been awake for about 5 hours in the last 48.

And THIS is something I will not miss when Andrew goes to college. He had the exact same symptoms last week (though I didn't fully comprehend the throat pain).

I was very careful-made him wash his hands a lot, avoided him as much as possible, tried to contain the sickness....but I think I got this particular illness out of pure karmic payback...

Ya see, the first day Andrew wasn't feeling well, I was being a good mommy and offered to go out to our local Panera Bread and get him some delicious tomato soup and a smoothie. I was going to go to Jamba Juice next door for a smoothie, but Panera is now selling berry smoothies, so I bought one of those. And I couldn't just bring it home without making sure it wasn't any good-so I had to taste it, right?

And I found that Panera berry smoothies are THE BEST. And...it's a good seven minutes to my house and I hit every red light on the way home....and I had to take a sip each time I stopped-just to marvel at how great it was. Before I knew it, I was home and the smoothie was half gone. Oops.

Andrew was furious, and then he didn't like the soup, which made him even more upset.

And then I got sick 7 days later. Coincidence? I don't think so.

6 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    I think he did it on purpose. I woke up Sunday with the same symptoms (yes SUNDAY, the day after I spent hours hanging out with you are your illness-carrying son) and I totally blame him.

    Feel better!

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    oh hope you feel better...i hate being sick...

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    oh no. karma is a pain. hope you feel better soon.

  1. Raven said...:

    Sending lots of healing vibes your way!!

  1. Julie said...:

    Being sick sucks. No matter who shared the germs with you. I hope you're feeling better very soon. Smoothies are so wonderful. I have been adding snow to our smoothies instead of ice. Kind of cool and really a great texture.
    Do get better my friend. Take care and God Bless!!

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    Sure hope you are feeling better! Being sick is no fun at all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails