A Walk-Through of My Saturday Night, AKA: I Love My Friends!

I have an awesome group of friends who get together once a month for games night. Saturday was our night and we had such a fun time.

We covered a LOT...starting with a potluck of some delicious food, and then moving quickly into the debate over dark chocolate. When planning our night, the email string took on a challenge to find the best and highest percentage of dark chocolate, which is our crowd pleaser.

We thought 86% was high, but then that was one-upped by the 87%, but then it went out of control crazy when someone found a 90% dark chocolate.

The contestants - though the Hershey Nuggets were eliminated for potential forgery.
Potential fraud taking place in the competition.
The 3 contenders!



There was a LOT of debate and discussion and thoughtful conversation going on about the best dark chocolate. Ultimately, the 90% wasn't the best, though it had an interesting texture to it. I think 87% was the crowd favorite.

Our night also included a belated birthday celebration for our favorite Canadian, Denis. I made a weight watchers red velvet cake, but left the frosting off the one edge, as it's milk-based and not everyone can partake in dairy. The frosting, though very very low in calories, was not easy to spread, and not easy to look pretty, but it tasted fairly good.
He refuses to admit his age, so the #1 candle had to represent all the birthdays he's had.
We had a fairly in-depth discussion about how some of us actually think things through about "what would I do if someone entered the room with a gun right now?" Sad that we have to think about these things, but it's reality, right? You just NEVER KNOW.

Young Natalie actually has a mental plan of how she will be taking the gunman down. We had a wonderful demonstration and I'm sure we all learned some valuable tips.
Not an actual gunman.

Important part - twist the arm until the gun falls out of his hand (screaming is optional, but seems to be fitting).

Quickly move to pick up the gun off the ground and....well, that's where the lesson stopped. I guess run to safety with the weapon might come next...
We all had a very long discussion on folding shirts, that came about because one of the group (a Canadian perhaps) doesn't really know how to fold a shirt. A true bachelor I guess, but he literally would just lay all his shirts flat and pile one on top of the other and keep them on a dresser or shelf. I had no idea this went on in the world....I really just assumed that all adults know how to do this, but that's what you get for assuming, right?

Anyway, this particular person has a device to help him fold properly:
Picture stolen from his fb page.


Has anyone heard of this?? I had no idea this was going on in the world. I'm so sheltered sometimes.
Anyway, he's very excited to have this device because it allows for him to properly fold his shirts in less than 4 minutes and with "no wrinkles" - though when I showed him the 8 second way that I fold a shirt (like normal humans do), he argued that I have a crease down the middle of my shirt lengthwise...but I'm certain when I put the shirt on, there is no crease. AND if you look at his neatly folded shirts above--you'll note that he will have a crease horizontally, so regardless of how you do it-there will be a mandatory crease. I'm just sayin....
Struggling without a tshirt folding apparatus.
Anyway....we had such a fun night-we covered a million more things I can't talk about (for legal and parental reasons), and a bunch of stuff that would just bore you if I went in-depth about.
We also played a Trivial Pursuit Team Edition game - these were our teams:

Team One:

 Team Two:


Team Three:






You would think Team Three would win....given that we had six extra people, plus Andrew and his friend came in at the end to help....but no....Team Two won. Congrats Team Two.....Sorry if we all came across as if we hated you for just a little bit at the end of the game. It's not personal.

Busy and fun night!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Nat said...:

    I love our group! (I used appropriate punctuation because I would be yelling that). I'm glad that the beauty test pictures came in handy. Hah.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    ha. sounds like a fun night with good friends...

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    you and your friends have the BEST TIME

  1. Denis said...:

    Boo Hiss "Team Two" was just lucky :(

    Very funny story telling! <--In case Phil reads this blog

  1. Wow, you have some fun parties!

  1. Phil said...:

    It was a lot of fun :)

  1. What a great party! Of course, any party that begins with dark chocolate is bound to be a good one! You sound like you're surrounded by excellent people.

  1. carma said...:

    you have got some fun friends - I tested out that folding mechanism at the As Seen on TV store (I prob shouldn't admit that ;-) ) reminded me too much of my days working at The Gap folding all day ----> bleh!

  1. Sounds like my kind of fun Saturday night. Especially with all that chocolate, except I'm not a fan of dark chocolate. What kind of books do you enjoy reading? How do you like living in OR? I have family in Corbett.

  1. Raven said...:

    It sounds like you have some awesome friends!

    My bestest gf has that shirt folding thing too, but I don't think she uses it much.

  1. Kaylen, I've said it before, but I have to say it again... I adore reading posts about your friends getting together. You seem to have so much fun and like each other so much.
    I would love to be a part of a group like that. HUGS!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails