Friday Fragments - Busy Thoughts on a Not-So-Busy Night

Andrew has fixed my car!!! Well, it's close to being done. He installed the drivers side window regulator and motor -YAY. He just saved me (us) about a million dollars. Well, maybe not that much, but at least a few hundred, right? Or maybe a million. You never know. And now he's officially a man!!! RIGHT?? Cause we all know that fixing a broken car makes you a full-fledged adult. My parenting job is complete.

To counter-act my amazing parenting skills, I told him he could have a drink of my Mike's Light Hard Cranberry Lemonade and this is how the conversation went:
Son: I can't - I'm going to drive.
Mom: It's only a sip - you won't even feel it.
Son: But then I can't drink...
Mom: I'm not offering you a bottle - just a taste. You'll be fine to drive!
Son: Mom...I'm not 21...
Mom: I KNOW! I'm just offering you a DUH-RINK!
Son: ...sigh....if I got pulled over with alcohol on my breath - I will be in trouble because I'm not the legal age to have ANY alcohol.
Mom: Oh.....good point.
My girl Ginger
My friend at work is going to get two little baby kitties this year and I'm insanely jealous. I want baby kitties!!! I don't want more adult cats though.  Dilemma.

My gardening class is coming to a close. I'm sad, as I have been having the greatest time and learning more than you can imagine, but it will be nice to not be out in the rain and cold for five hours on Saturdays just standing and learning/watching. I have exciting things to share - stay tuned for more about my fabulous life as a master organic gardener.

Andrew and I are talking about taking a sign language class next month but I'm a little worried about my wrists. I type ALL day, and sometimes a lot of the night. I'm concerned my tendinitis will flare up and be painful. It's two hours one day a week, plus practicing for class. Maybe I'll just have to work less to allow for less wrist usage. Ha! Great idea-work less. Learn more.

The majestic Whiskers
I spent about 90 minutes the other day browsing through this website looking for things I want to make out of wood, now that I know I'm so skilled with wood-working I feel like I shouldn't waste my talent. I've got some grand plans - an entryway bench, a gardening bench, a shelf for the garage, a few gifts for people,  a guesthouse for the backyard...who knows. I have a hammer and 3/4 of a bottle of wood glue, so get ready for me to amaze you!

I'm exhausted and it's only 9pm. And it's a Friday night. I am the boringest person ever....but I'm pretty content just staying home with my book, my cats, and NPR.

Happy weekend, ya'll!

9 comments:

  1. Raven said...:

    I think I'd give you a run for your money on most boring person ever. LOL I have a hot date with Facebook tonight and it's the most action I've gotten in 5 years. LOL

    Ginger is gorgeous and Whiskers looks a lot like my Meadow. Is Whiskers a Russian Blue?

    I've always wanted to take sign language.

    Have a great weekend!

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    nice. i learned sign language from a deaf mute...who happened to be my belay while i was mountain climbing...

    andrew is obviously wise and handy too...i still cant fix cars...my parents stil have work to do i guess...ha.

  1. lol- lately if we go out, we're back home by 9- 10 p.m.- we're duds!

    Your son is a smart kid!

    Visiting from Friday Fragments....

    Have a great Sunday...yes, I'm quite late, but at least I made it!

  1. carma said...:

    you are involved in so many projects my head is spinning - in addition to pushing alcohol consumption on minors ;-)

    I took 2 sign language classes and was contemplating going for an ASL degree. Imagine that - contemplating a degree and then not taking much action, how like me :D :D

    You are correct in that it is hard on the wrist and I have carpal tunnel. There is no way I would have been able to be a translator full time. Plus I'm half deaf. That was the other problem....

    I will enjoy hearing about it if you do sign up though.

  1. Okay, I'm just gawking at the woodworking ideas--super cool.
    Yay for your car!!!

  1. kyooty said...:

    Foster kitties :) Great job on the car repair Andrew!:)

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    hahaha. you are cracking me up. I can't wait to see more of your mad wood skills.

  1. TQ said...:

    Love the cat pics, I wonder who you were talking about that's getting the kittens :) Btw, I can't wait!! Now that I'm getting closer to the move, I'm getting more and more anxious.

    Andrew is killing me - what a good man you raised :) And such a good head on his shoulders! So many can learn from him, including me :)

  1. Heather said...:

    Well at least you know he can withstand peer pressure! Good boy and pretty start too!

    Yup, the horrible thing about kittens is that they just have to grow up. Horrible. LOL!

    I never could get the hang of sign langauge, hope you have better luck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails