Lots Of Little Kids..I Must Shoot Them (with my camera of course!)

I had the chance a couple weeks ago to get together with my best girl friends from high school.
Me, baby Carolina, Loda, and Cherry
We had some really fun times back in the day, and then we all went off into the real worldand became adults and lost touch somehow. 

My friend Cherry lives in Mozambique now. She lives a life I would LOVE to have....working for an agency making a real difference in the world, meeting people who have the same values, experiencing cultures from all over the world. And now she has two wonderful little ones!! Her husband is super-sweet and they just had a beautiful bouncing baby girl. She is precious. Carolina (Caro-leena) was born with down syndrome, which I don't have a lot of knowledge about, but I know that Carolina has a healthy heart (which I think is not always true for babies with d.s.) and a wonderful family to grow up in. I totally heart her.

And she has the cutest big brother, Santiago, who is growing up bilingual, in Portuguese and English, and has these amazing life experiences under his belt and he's not even four yet!

My friend Loda came down to visit from her home in Alaska, where she lives with a herd of animals and her two little girls, Morgan and Riley. Morgan is awesome, full of spunk and personality.

Riley is the baby and this is the second time we've met and she has a piece of my heart in her little 10-month old sticky hand.

It's so fun to be around other peoples kids and just really enjoy them and then get to walk away.
It's really interesting to be around the girls I went to high school with and see them with brand new babies at a time when I am getting ready to send my baby off to college. Our lives turned out so differently!

Something that is not different - we are all going through big changes this year. Cherry is leaving Africa in October (her contract is up) and hopefully will move to Portland to be with me (hint hint). Loda is leaving her job to be a stay-at-home mom to her lovies. And I am sending Andrew off to school and will live alone for the first time...ever.

I took about 260 photos over the course of 48 hours. Here's a few of my favs:

If you click on this and make it big, you can actually see the spray from the wand as he blows on it!


Magical eyes!

Riley loves to be tickled. We were happy to oblige.

The kids were really tolerant of all three moms taking photos, sometimes much too up-in-their-face.


Good times with good friends!

I don't really keep in touch with anyone from high school, other than adding them as friends on Facebook. I think this is fairly normal, right? Are any of you close with high school friends after more than a decade?

6 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    such fun faces on the kids...it is sad that friends get so scattered over time...

  1. Raven said...:

    What adorable kids!

    There really isn't anyone I'd care to see or talk to from high school, so I didn't keep in touch with anybody.

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    Pretty babies! And your friends are so worldly. Wow.

  1. Lynette said...:

    for 37 yrs now....and i am giving away my age too!

  1. carma said...:

    I'm in touch with a lot of my HS friends courtesy of FB.

    This post is cuteness overload!!!

  1. Nice blogging, My review is very good example.
    Lindsay Rosenwald http://www.lindsay-rosenwald.net/ Dr. Lindsay Rosenwald is one of the re-known venture capitalists and the hedge fund managers in the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails