Worm Bin Project: COMPLETE!

I did it!!! I built something. With WOOD!!! By myself!!!

With no guidance or assistance from anyone - I MADE a very sturdy and fairly good-looking wood worm bin. I have amazed myself. Who knows what else I can do! Maybe I'll build a guest house in the back next!

Gluing proved to be an important step!
I veered off the directions at some point....and this all would have gone better if I had followed every direction on the guide I found online - but it's even more admirable that I was able to improvise and still finish in a timely fashion.
Andrew assisted with some hammer-time.
Action Shot!
The finished box - waiting to be occupied. (disregard the mess in the background)
WORMS!!!! This is just half a pound of red wiggler worms. Which will hopefully double in the next few months.
ACTION SHOT! Wetting some paper to add on top.
Helping my worms get all snuggly in their new home.
Night night little guys!



I am so excited that I have completed this. Two weeks ago, I had no idea what worm bin composting was, much less that I would be this excited about it. And I don't know that I would have actually attempted to build something without buying some kind of kit - but I did it, and now I know I can, and that's the biggest accomplishment here.

My comprehensive organic class is just amazing! I've learned so much information and can't wait to put more of the knowledge into action!

10 comments:

  1. Katherine said...:

    That's a great idea. You did a wonderful job!

  1. I'm anxious to see how this goes--we're seriously considering worm farming over here.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    this is really cool...you will have to keep us posted on how it goes...my boys would love doing this...

  1. Debbie said...:

    Look at that! You did a great job. I made a headboard once and you would have thought I had won a Nobel prize!

  1. Denis said...:

    How long will the worms get? red wiggler sounds like fishing worms?

    I forgot to ask does you garage ever get below freezing? They would survive?

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    so awesome. i always liked worms growing up. that's a weird thing to share huh?

  1. kilax said...:

    This is SO. COOL!!! I am excited to hear how it goes!

  1. Malissa said...:

    Impressive! Good luck growing those little worms and with your gardening endeavors. :)

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    I'm impressed! We have a compost pile in the backyard for our garden. You'll have to share the benefits of your worm bin.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails