Alone...All Alone

Andrew has left me!!!

He's gone for four days to Los Angeles for a choir event. It's like a little trial run for when he moves there for good in just a matter of months. It wasn't so terrible this time, as I was so looking forward to just cleaning my house and having 4 days where I didn't have to come home and question whether I would find crumbs everywhere in the kitchen, or something that spilled all over the microwave, or jeans in a pile in a doorway (why does this happen ever anyway??), etc. It's just peaceful. For now.

But I know it's only for a few days. And I have plans every day. So it's easy to accept him leaving.

When he goes off to college though...nope....not easy. Not at all. Do people survive this whole "empty nest" syndrome when there is only one baby in the nest? And only one parent? There are unexplained deaths all the time in our country. Perhaps this is one of the explanations....

10 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    smiles. you will be fine mom...

  1. Raven said...:

    It's going to be hard for me when my youngest moves out (lately I have to remind myself of that repeatedly cuz I'm so sick of teenage girl drama). I'll actually have to get a life. The horror!

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    i'm sure it's going to be really hard.

  1. Denis said...:

    Unexplained deaths?

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    You just have to remember that he will be home during breaks- Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring...no, wait. They don't usually come home for spring break. LOL

  1. Julie said...:

    Not the single mom but have a single son and I know about the worry of the empty nest. Pam from Emptynester says it's no all that hard once you get use to it and have things to look forward too. They says it's possible. Hummm.......I'm not so sure yet but thankful not yet.
    Take care and enjoy your alone time. God Bless!!

  1. The feeling of missing him will never go away, but it does get easier... trust me.
    Plus you have such a great relationship with Andrew that I'm sure he will call, text and email you all the time, just like mine do.
    Remember that you have all your friends (IRL and online) to keep you busy and loved.

  1. Courtney said...:

    I saw a saying once (can't remember who said it, so that's my disclaimer) that read: "To have a child is to decide to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

    That pretty much sums it up. You'll be just fine - make a road trip to Seattle once you're an empty nester. We can pass the time and create distractions.

  1. Heather said...:

    Best thing I can say is to try to keep yourself busy and talk to him as often as you can. It will slowly get better as time goes on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails