Hey...Remember My Birthday? Me Neither.

I realized the other day that I never posted my birthday follow up post to share my success story for my annual shampoo drive.

Last year was my first time having a drive for my birthday and I got 225 bottles to donate. This year, I set my goal at 200, and I got 192. And I am HAPPY with 192.

With the help of my wonderful friends and co-workers, I was able to donate 192 bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash to local needy families. Once upon a time, I was really desperately poor and I had the help of a number of people numerous times, and just receiving some household product that you otherwise have to buy is a really nice treat. It may have only saved me a couple bucks, but it's just NICE to get something that you otherwise would have to buy. So I helped about 90 families have a nice surprise for the month of March (when I delivered).

Do you have any idea what 192 bottles look like when you line them up around your house? No? Well, here you go - check out my home video that I made especially for you:



AND Happy Birthday to my Dad!

He lies three hours north and we werent' able to be with him, but I celebrated for him by prepping my garden bed, hosting a volunteer event, making a yummy dinner, and taking a hot bath. Happy Birthday Dad!

8 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    happy birthday to your dad and so cool on the shampoo!

  1. Raven said...:

    As someone who often frequents charitable organizations to survive, let me say thank you on behalf of everyone who needs those bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash. You are awesome.

    Happy Bday to your Dad!

  1. You? RULE. What a gift. You inspire me with your charity and heart.
    And Many Happy Returns to your dad!

  1. Lynette said...:

    I have to say thank you. Even I am in a different area, I have too had to have help. And your right, it is nice to have those things you need that others take for granted.

  1. That is an awesome birthday celebration. Happy belated, by the way. :)

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    wow congrats on your 192 bottles!

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    oh and happy birthday

  1. Julie said...:

    I have never thought about that. Shampoo's and all don't come in food shelf baskets, that is really neat. You are awesome.
    Have a great evening and God Bless!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails