Just Another Manic Monday...

Manic in my blogging thoughts that is...It was actually a really calm Monday at work.



I've been slowly catching up on this latest season of The Biggest Loser. Are you watching? I haven't watched it for a couple years, but wow, the host, Alison Sweeney, has gotten mean!!! And I'm still really surprised that people think this is a healthy way to get healthy. Losing 15 pounds a week??  I just don't think the human body knows what to do with that. One guy lost 120 pounds in SEVEN weeks. Insane. Sure, the human body is not meant to handle an extra 2-300 pounds either, but losing THAT fast...seems dangerous. And p.s. - the new 20something trainers? Very irritating. And horrible actors.

How many chances do you give a restaurant to get your order done nicely before you give up on them? There's a thai restaurant directly on my way home and it's WAY convenient...but the last three times I've gone there - not up to standards. I've gotten over the fact that the owner, who is at the register 99% of the time, is not friendly in any way, no matter what I do/say to him. But to not give me enough peanut sauce to enjoy my peanut sauce dish? That's pretty unforgivable. This is the second time....I think I'm going to break up with him.


Speaking of second chances...how many chances do you give a teenager who forgets something on the counter once a month? This months neglected food: Leftover ham from easter dinner. ALL the leftover ham. The milk has fallen victim MANY times to this tragic event.


I've given up the idea of having a plasma tv (courtesy of my saved credit card points) and a connection to that new wonderful tv to my computer. It was getting to be such a process...and I'm not hating watching tv primarily on my 28inch computer monitor. I so rarely ever just sit and WATCH tv anyway - I have to be doing something else...lately, I've been crocheting a scarf. Right, in the summer - but I figured it might take me months to finish. However, I'm half done now! In a week!!! It's not straight...and it's not perfect but whatever. It's my first yarn project I'm going to actually finish since 1992.


We had the most beautiful day the other day. I walked to the grocery store, 1.7 miles, because I had made some delicious guacamole and forgot to buy chips. I took my camera along and found some pretty flowers on the walk. If I could just walk all over and take pictures for a living, I'd quit my job tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    good job finishing that project...three strikes your out on the restaurant...make the teen pay for the waste and i bet it stops, smiles...sorry andrew...ha.

  1. If your Thai restaurant is cheating you on the peanut sauce then its time to move on. Personally, I'd cut somebody for that, but I'd eat dirt if you put peanut sauce on it.

  1. Raven said...:

    The flowers are beautiful!

    Break up with the Thai guy. Hey, that rhymes. hehehe

    Have a great Tuesday!

  1. Lynette said...:

    Thanks so for the flowers. We all need them this spring. Your right, teens are absent minded! LOL Hang a sign that dangles in the middle of the kitchen...saying Did YOU Put It UP?. Hit their head on it enough they might just look up.

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    I haven't watched Biggest Loser in over a year but I totally agree with you---I don't see how losing that much that quickly is at all healthy.

    My girls didn't forget things on the counter when they were all teenagery but Hubs does this on a daily basis. I have to check behind him every day.

    The flowers are beautiful!

  1. Kristina P. said...:

    One of my good friends dated Rulon Gardner, so I watched BL this season to judge him. :) He's not as big of a tool as he was back then.

  1. Julie said...:

    I made Mike pay for the left out foods. After the 3rd gallon of milk he learned. Now I never have to clean up from meals. 3 times at a rest. it's all over. I love the flowers.
    Take care and have a blessed evening.

  1. I'm craving good weather--and kids who put things back--and flowers.
    Amen to fast weight loss being dangerous. I can't imagine it STAYS off either at that rate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails