Weekend Wrap Up: Andrew Sings! We are Famous! Wild Animals All Around Me!

Andrew is in a men's choral group, an a Capella, doo-wap type, and they just had their first public performance at the high school spring choir concert.

I asked Andrew if he was doing a solo at the choir concert and he told me no...so imagine my delight and surprise when I got there and found that he is singing lead on one of the choral groups two songs!! These songs are their feature songs, so will be the ones they sing at our local festivals, including one in front of 10,000 people in June!! And it's MY baby boy singing the lead on the first song!!!!! My heart aches with love for him. Check him out and see if your heart doesn't feel happier from hearing him sing. Keep in mind this is their first time, so they aren't 100% yet, but they are REALLY amazing!!!



I visited our local organic gardening store for some compost on Friday and was walking by a car that had a goat in the front seat. Nothing weird about that, right?
Baaaaaa!
Friday night, we were the guests at the Portland Trailblazers game, and during the first timeout, they flashed some pics of us volunteering up on the jumbo tron and then the camera panned to us and we waved and smiled, and held up signs to promote volunteering. The announcer talked about our dedication to service and called us honored guests and thanked us for our service. The people around us thought it was cool that we were sitting near them - I think they were too intimidated to ask for autographs. The drunk girls in front of us thought it was great that they were also on the jumbo tron and screamed and jumped around a bit. I don't think they heard anything at all that was going on-they just looked up and saw the tops of their heads on the big picture and went nuts. They were fun.
It was a REALLY good game - we played the LA Lakers, and for some reason, Portland and Los Angeles are strong enemies in basketball so this was the best possible game we could have gone to, there was a lot of energy, a lot of emotion.
Being guests at the club level means FREE FOOD!!!! I have just a tiny bit of shame in saying that we came home with a handful of candy bars....the novelty of the free candy is hard to resist. Note that Andrew wore his USC shirt...not thinking about how USC is located in Los Angeles. Oops!

These are the signs we held up while on the jumbo tron. I take every opportunity possible to promote volunteering, but really, we were being honored for volunteering so it just made sense to share the message. You can't tell from the photo, but these signs took hours to make, professional quality really, and are in our teams colors-red & black.

This last week at my office, we have had a special visitor. Our office building is called 3CP, based off the address (please don't stalk me) and our friend is called the 3CP coyote. I walked out of the building and was about 6 feet from him, but my friend down the hall from me had him following her to her car the other day, within 2 feet of her! There are about 3 of them, but we have only seen one prominently this past week. He even has a twitter account!

Look close - here he is saying goodbye to me at the end of my day.
Taken from my car - you would think I would have put the window down, right?
This was a great weekend - I also had the MS Walk on Saturday morning, which I'll post about separate, and got some great gardening done. I read a book and had lots of down time to relax and just enjoy livin the good life!  Hope you all had a great one too!

8 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    nice...his group is awesome...really enjoyed that...goats, nah nothing new in my neck of the woods...smiles. so cool about the game as well..

  1. Lynette said...:

    oh I bet as a momma you had tears running down your face from pride. what a talented group....and my lil ol 47 yr old heart was a teen once again.......the joy of doo-wop!

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    Andrew did so good! he's awesome. sounds like a great weekend

  1. Oh that was wonderful! What a talented man you have there (almost called him a boy but with the college thing around the corner, I guess that isn't true)

  1. Raven said...:

    You're famous! And I can say I knew you when. ;) Great singing, that was awesome! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. :D

  1. Denis said...:

    Can I have your autograph? A goat in a car is weird. Andrew=American Idol tryout?

  1. I really enjoyed the video. You must have been beaming with pride!

  1. carma said...:

    Wow!! Andrew's group is super fab - His voice is golden :D I like that he surprised you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails