The Best Surprise EVER For Mothers Day!

My mom has only had all her children (my two sisters and I) together twice in the last 18 years...ridiculous right?? Jenny is married to a navy man and they are all over-currently living in California, Susan lives in South Carolina and I live in Oregon. My mom lives in Washington state. See the dilemma?

So for Mothers Day this year, we planned the most spectacular surprise. We bought my mom a plane ticket to San Diego for a long relaxing weekend away. She was really excited to have a little vacation, and she so rarely gets to go anywhere (other than on fishing trips or on gambling trips). This was going to be a fun time exploring the city, just hanging with my sister and her family.

HOWEVER - we nearly killed her with love by surprising her by not just having me fly there-but Susan flew in from South Carolina! ALL of us together!!! We had a wonderful long weekend together and did a large variety of fun activities. My mom never stopped smiling.

I have about 400 photos to share later this weekend, but here's the video of when my mom discovered we were all going to join her on her weekend getaway:
 



The best Mothers Day ever? I think so....

6 comments:

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    that is the sweetest ever. such a special memory.

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    I am surprised her heart didn't burst. What a wonderful gift to all of you.

  1. Mira said...:

    that's a great gift to all of you!!! :)

  1. How wonderful! Your mom looked so happy!!

  1. Raven said...:

    That is so awesome! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day. :D

  1. Kaylen's mom said...:

    I had the most wonderful time -- I can't thank you and your sisters enough--you are all wonderful.
    Love you!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails