I Have Just Five Things On My Mind

5 things I highly dislike today:
  1. Steve Carrell leaving The Office. Sad.
  2. All the hatred on Facebook. I think facebook should be like Thanksgiving dinner - we never discuss religion or politics.
  3. Speaking of politics, I am so done with the "birthers", who I believe are now the "show-us-a-picture-or-we-will-never-believe-bin Laden-is-deaders." Go volunteer. Get a hobby. Read a book. And just move ON....puh-lease!!!
  4. People who don't understand the merge concept.
  5. Donald Trump (and if I made a list every day about what I highly dislike, he would be at the top every day.
5 things I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE today:
  1. My new haircut!!! Pictures to come next week.And for the record, I could stay in the hairdressers chair ALL day. Having someone do your hair, the shampoo, the head rub, the hair brushing - love every second of it.
  2. My wonderful seedlings that are growing so big and strong. I'm a very proud gardening mama.
  3. The SUNSHINE!!! Oh how I've missed the sunshine! 
  4. Excel. I am ready to take on freelancing jobs working with Excel. It's my most favorite software EVER.
  5. Going to the post office and not having it take 40 minutes to mail a package
5 foods I can't stop thinking about today:
  1. My homemade baked crab rangoons. Oy, my mouth waters just thinking about them.
  2. Peanut M&M's. Why can't there be a low-calorie version of these!!
  3. Chicken enchiladas - we're having a Mexican potluck tomorrow and I just finished making some chicken meat for the tacos and I wish I could call in sick and just keep my chicken and make some yummy enchiladas.
  4. Fried egg sandwiches that you buy at 3am from a street vendor on Hooker Hill in Seoul. I don't think I will ever have an egg sandwich as satisfying as that one...and once I am gifted a ton of money, I would happily take a plane to South Korea just to go find that little old grandmother who makes them all night.
  5. Cherry coke. Not technically a food, but oh, I love me some cherry coke. I stopped drinking it for the last three or four weeks and just bought a two-liter this week and loved every drop of it.
5 people I would like to talk to today:
  1. Jon Stewart, to have a laugh.
  2. My esteemed president, President Obama, to just shoot the shit.
  3. Beyonce, to thank her for stopping by the Harlem school to surprise the school kids.
  4. My 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Killiam, to thank her for encouraging us to read and read and read some more. I still have the book that she gave me when I won a reading contest, she inscribed the inside of it and congratulated me (which is probably why I remember her name).
  5. Julia Roberts, because I know we are probably meant to be great friends.
 5 things I would like to buy if I had a spare $250,000:
  1. A new car. Nothing extravagant - just a new Honda CRV. Or maybe a Mercedes SUV. I'm on the fence about which....
  2. A full vacation travel package to New Zealand for me and 12 family members (or at least 3).
  3. $50K worth of good tennis shoes to pass out to the homeless. It's really hard being homeless, but I imagine one of the things that really plays on you is that your shoes are going to go bad and will hurt your feet and life is so hard already....
  4. House stuff - new lighting for the living room (much needed!), new cupboards for the kitchen, a flat screen TV, new bed for Andrew's room (soon to be known as "the guest room"), paint for at least two rooms.
  5. ...depending on if I buy the CRV or the Mercedes, I may or may not be out of money at this point....so I'll just stop so I don't get disappointed when I can't buy five things.

10 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    mmm...crab rangoons....so where is the picture of said haircut...got off FB for a reason...and i got my adopted ed book...cool story

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    ha you crack my up with your money spending. you are such a good good good person. I totally ignore all the FB BS. annoying.

  1. Slyde said...:

    oh dont get me started on idiots who try to drum up political discussions on FB. i never dignify it with a response, or even a like.

  1. Lean said...:

    hahah agree with about 84% of this.. but only because I don't know Mrs.Killiam, I don't know what those fried egg sandwiches are, and have never had crab rangoon

  1. This was a fun post! I didnt' know there was hate on FB--glad I'm not on it!
    A great haircut makes a world of difference, doesn't it?

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    I really enjoyed this!

  1. Julie said...:

    I like this post. Thank you for sharing. I'd love to see this new hair cut too.
    Take care and have a blessed evening.

  1. Rebeka said...:

    I am completely on the same page as you!! Dislike saying goodbye to Michale and FB should be less candid. I want all that food, and a vaca and a new car sound best. Someday, right?

  1. carma said...:

    great. my comment disappeared because my son was signed in to google :-(

    Anyway the mere mention of EXCEL makes me want to throw up. I've gotta take an online test in excel, word and powerpoint and if I don't pass - which is likely since it is version 2007 and I suck at it - I will have to take an extra class :-(

    can't wait to see some hair pics!

  1. I hate that moment when the hair stylist says you are done. I never want to get up and leave especially since I'm almost always in the middle of really good conversation at that point.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails