Sundays In My City: San Diego Visit

San Diego is great for so many things - there are a TON of free things you can do, which is key for an economical vacation. The thing that is most def not economical is gas. It's like $4.45 a gallon. And you have to drive everywhere unless you live downtown. Every time we got in the car, it was a twenty minute drive to get to our destination. Regardless - AMAZING city. This is my second (and probably last since my sister will be moving from there this year) trip to San Diego and we did so many things, I feel like we really experienced all the city had to offer.

The biggest part of the trip was the reunion:
We did a really fast trip through Balboa Park - we had been out all day and couldn't find parking and were really just planning on doing a drive-through of the area, but then we found a 30 min parking area, so we did the fastest tour of Balboa Park ever. We were light on our feet and saw some really great buildings and flowers. I imagine you could plan to spend an entire weekend here to see it all.




Andrew thinks this is one of my best photos-it might be on my wall soon!

The flowers at Balboa were remarkable.
 We did some wandering at Seaport Village too.


We visited Ocean Beach and went to some antique shops.

Recycled art!!! These are pizza boxes a man had painted!!!

My mom and my niece.
My niece made us all a wonderful Mothers Day breakfast. She's very thoughtful and had no problem with the 4 special order requests!

My moms parents are in a mausoleum outside of San Diego. She hasn't been back to it/them since the late 70's. I was a baby when they died so unfortunately don't have the memories of them, but I hear they were just wonderful. RIP Mildred and Albert Duchesneau.

We also went to a dueling piano show at the Shout Bar and wow---AMAZING!! There was no cover charge since it was a weeknight, though the food and drinks aren't cheap so it all evens out I guess. But the show was awesome and if you have a local one, I highly recommend you go to it.

And we revisited Old Town San Diego (Andrew and I went there when we visited last year).
This is a real wheel from the early 1900's!!

This is a real guitar from...a long time ago!
These were the strongest drinks we have had in our entire lives combined! Thanks random Mexican restaurant!
What a fun, long weekend! I hope it won't be another 6 years before we are all together again!
There are seven million other photos I could post here....here's a portion of them for you to enjoy:




Unknown Mami

10 comments:

  1. Keetha Broyles said...:

    Looks like a great time was had by all in a really great place.

  1. Julie said...:

    Oh this looked like the perfect vacation. Thank you for sarhing such great pictures. I am so glad you had a wonderful time.
    Take care and have a blessed evening.

  1. Kaylen's mom said...:

    We had such fun and the pictures turned out great.

    Thanks again for the wonderfule surprise reunion.

  1. kyooty said...:

    looks like a great visit. I know what you mean bout the price of gas. I have stopped going into town unless I MUST here, because it's 1.21 a litre here.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    so cool to catch up with friends like that...love the statue of the violinist...and the painted pizza boxes...how cool...

  1. Looks like a great time in the sunshine of blue sky and friendship!

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    Andrew is right, that is a great pic. I love Balboa park.

  1. Raven said...:

    You take amazing pics! Looks like you had a delightful time! Yay!

  1. Denis said...:

    The sister with shorter hair looks a bit like you.My dad visit San Diego and loved the city and it's many yacht harbors

  1. Saimi said...:

    I can see by this wonderful post I need to spend some sister time with....my sister! She also lives in CA.

    You guys really hit some great spots and by the looks of it, had an AMAZING time!!

    Fun memories, great time and awesome pictures!

    I think I'll follow along and see what other adventures I can read about!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails