The Babies Are Here!!!

We have been enjoying our robin friends who have built a nest on our security light just outside the back door - which is great because we can see their next anytime we're in the kitchen, living room or back yard. I am a little nervous about the nest sliding off there....and I've already informed Andrew that he is absolutely in charge of any kind of tragic birdy accident that may happen, as it makes me want to cry just thinking about it. So far, the nest looks really stable, but there is a lot of activity lately.

Because we have BABIES!!!!

There appear to only be two babies (and we lost one of the eggs to a nasty crow incident last week), but those two babies are eating a LOT. I saw the parents flying back and forth with food for at least two hours... just nonstop feeding. I've caught a few shots today, though they are a bit camera shy and I had to stand very still for much longer than is natural for any human being...

I think this is Daddy Robin. He always lands on the fence on the edge of the yard and waits for AGES, hopping to the right and left, scanning the yard.

MID-JUMP!! Nice shot, Kaylen!!  He then flies to the gutter and looks some more, before hopping up into the nest.
Feeding time:

Love the baby head popping up!
Kinda gross...parents have to do a lot of gross things though.
I am so excited to have them right outside my window - I'm looking forward to seeing them as they get bigger each day.

9 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    aww...how cool...it is that time of year...we have baby deer...about the size of my cat, in our back yard and i see them nursing in the mornings.

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    Well, now that is just precious!

  1. Denis said...:

    Nice shot of the father just starting to fly away from fence!

    Also baby feeding is great

  1. I always admire how the robins BOTH take care of babies, moms and dads together. So rare in the animal kingdom!

  1. carma said...:

    you got some awesome photos!!! Baby birds are the cutest. It's been years since we had a nest of birds to watch.

  1. kyooty said...:

    oh I'm so impressed with your excellent photos. YAY! for babies.

  1. kilax said...:

    Aww! I love the feeding pics. Baby birds are just too cute!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails