Easy Home Makeover, or How To Do A Makeover 48 Hrs Before Company Arrives

I have this wall - it's in my main living area, connects to the entry way, and is part of the dining room...it's an integral wall. And since we moved in, I've had one under-sized framed photo on it. I've never been happy with it, but when we moved in, the wall already had a nice, sturdy screw halfway across the wall. And I had one large photo in a frame. Perfect match....if only the wall were not so big and visible.

I found this cool way of arranging frames on Pinterest (if you're not part of it, you should be!) and I got it in my head that I MUST do this on my big, empty wall.
That decision was made on Monday late afternoon.

Tuesday morning, I decided that it seemed silly to think that hanging photos in a new way was going to totally transform my world. What I really needed - was to paint!

I've wanted to paint some of the rooms since the day I moved in. All the walls are soft toned, pastel easter egg-style hues and I'm more of a bold color type of girl. I don't like a lot of pastel- and I'm surrounded by it here. I LoooooooooooVE my house - but I don't love the wall colors.
Tuesday at lunch, I went to The Home Depot and picked out about 15 different colors that I was considering. After work, I picked up 10 new matching frames for the wall design.

Wednesday after work, I went to the paint store and picked up a gallon of paint. With company expected to arrive in 40 hours. Plenty of time to do a small home improvement project, right??

I painted Thursday night, started hanging photos Friday morning. Luckily, my wonderful niece was able to help me hang the frames Friday night and it looks EXACTLY like I wanted it to!!!

Check it out:

Before - sandstone-peachy type color ALL over this space (it's a large open area that faces the dining table and the main living room where I hang out when friends come over):
One lonely framed photo...
After: Bold and brilliant terra cotta-orangy type color:
I painted the small wall headed down the hallway the same color. I think it comes across as much more orange in this photo...but regardless - LOVE it!!

I am really amazed at how different the room looks every time I walk in. My only regret is that I didn't do it two years ago. I just LOVE it and can't wait to paint something else!

8 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    oh yeah that looks awesome! totally transforms the room and love the picture cluster...

  1. That definitely looks wonderful!

  1. What a difference!
    I'm also addicted to Pinterest--such lovely ideas and things!

  1. Lynette said...:

    'Bout time you let your bold self out.

  1. Denis said...:

    Nice cat in the background helps frame photo

  1. TQ said...:

    Wowzers, that looks awesome! I love the new color - I wish I could paint my walls :-) How fun!

  1. kilax said...:

    I love the way it turned out!

  1. carma said...:

    well done -- looks fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails