Just Stopping By To Say Hi!

Hi everyone! I've missed you. I'm sure you feel the same.

I have had no time to blog lately.

And mostly I just don't want to type any more than I have to...my wrist is KILLING me. You might remember I had an angioplasty a couple weeks ago, where they entered through my hip (they say groin, but I hate that word and it really was in my hip area), but before that, they did an angiogram and entered through my wrist. And they assured me that it would be fine in 5-7 days. We are on day 15. And the pain wakes me in the middle of the night. And by the end of the evening, I'm to the point where I try not to use my right hand if I can avoid it. Like driving. Driving is a one-handed task nowadays. And lifting anything. And watering the garden. I've tried writing left-handed, but it looks like a third-grader and it takes up twice as much room. But I'm becoming a bit ambidextrous, which is nice in case my hand never recovers or I have some unfortunate farming accident (don't farmers tend to lose a hand more often than other careers?).

I have been getting back into the swing of things - the first week post-surgery I stayed at home and barely left the house except to go to Fred Meyers for school supplies. This week I've been walking almost every night, testing out the new, happy and free of nastiness artery and so far so good! No chest pain with walking. Refreshing. Tomorrow morning, I'm driving up to the mountains to take a really easy hike to a waterfall with some friends. I'm excited to get out and do something, and take pictures, of course. Should be a good weekend.

Found this great picture while browsing around the World Wide Web and have to share it. Please feel free to share with all the people you know. It's very educational.

I don't know why the vicious Taco Bell dog isn't included in this picture...



Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! And now that I've read Fast Food Nation, that picture makes complete sense. :-)

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    ok, what does the snow man belong to...i am gapping out...ugh on you pain sorry...hope it goes away soon!

  1. Glad for the update, but sorry to hear you are struggling. One-handed! I cannot imagine the inconvenience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails