Sundays in my City Tamanawas Falls Hike

Yesterday was my first real attempt at getting a workout post-angioplasty, and I thought getting out in nature and visiting a beautiful waterfall was the best option for getting a workout. I had just bought a hiking book at the Borders going-out-of-business sale, called something like: Creaky Knees Hiker and lists out 80 great hikes for those who don't have fully-functioning knees/backs/legs/etc. I found one that I liked and then googled it and even though the book said it was a Moderate hike, everything online said Easy. I should have listened to my book. I wouldn't say it was easy.

It started out okay - an incline right at the beginning, then a decline, but then the rest of the way was almost all a slow incline. For 1.5 miles. And that's a bit much for a beginner hiker.

But it was the most beautiful day out, I was with some friends I don't get to hang out with much, and I was OUT and getting a good workout. And then I got to be here:
The whole path was gorgeous. There were a lot of downed trees to sit on near the water. I am not brave enough to crawl out on a log but one of my hiking partners was:
This bridge really tested my heart and how well it handles anxiety. Heights are a bit scary for me, but bridges that are slightly leaning to one side, that could fall at ANY second, truly are terrifying.

I want to make this into a puzzle!

Tree art!

Don't forget to look up while hiking! That view is gorgeous too!

This tree grew around a rock, its' roots giving it a nice little hug.

Tamanawas Falls, Mt Hood, Oregon



Unknown Mami

5 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    really cool pictures...what a great hike...love hiking and seeing natures art...hope you had no side affects after the exertion, post surgery...

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    What a gorgeous place to hike! Love the photos and the captions!

  1. Beautiful photos. Hope it was a great hike!!

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    Gorgeous pictures and I am so glad that you are getting out. Take it slow and easy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails