Things I HeardThis Weekend

Andrew is out of town for the holiday weekend, which means the house was VERY quiet....and I loved it. Just me and the kitties, the house was clean, I barely cooked anything, and I did next to nothing. A perfect weekend.

But on Sunday, I went to a friends house and hung out with a handful of friends. These are some of the random things that were said:
  • I would eat most animals, but not an orangutan or ape.
  • In case of apocalypse, I will eat my cats and then their cat food. (this was a heated debate)
  • Stop jerking it so hard, you have to be more gentle to make it work. (a joystick, you pervs)
  • It's true, glass can get inside you and you will bleed out, so it's better not to have glassware in your kitchen at all.
  • Christianity is based on cannibalism (eat the flesh and drink the blood of christ, ya know).
  • I saw some ducks on I-5, a mama and some babies. They looked like they were taking the 217 exit, which is definitely the wrong one for them...
  • You matched the boobies! (it's a card matching game, you pervs)
  • The orange ghost is named Clyde in Pac-Man, but the name was changed to Sue for Ms. Pac-Man.
  • For ten minutes, a discussion was held about what the appropriate voltage is for an Atari 2600.
  • Another discussion was had about whether a cat should be allowed on one side of the couch, after she has earned a reputation for peeing on the opposite end of the couch.
  • Apartments are now charging a pet rent - because some law changed and they are no longer able to charge a non-refundable pet deposit. Absolute bullshit.
And today, I continued my streak of doing very little, though I did go for a nice mile walk in my neighborhood and enjoyed the perfect weather. I grilled some eggplant, but didn't have parm cheese, I had provolone...and I'm not sure if it was the eggplant I didn't like or the eggplant with provolone - but I ended up throwing it all away-total bummer. Last time, we grilled eggplant with parm and it was delicious.

I also went to Target, where I heard:
  • You saved $14.79 today  - which was 41% of my total bill. I spent 45 min planning for this shopping trip, searching for coupons and planning what to buy based around the sales of the week, which I don't typically do, but I think I might do more often. 
Never eat a monkey. It's genetically almost human.

Hope everyone had a great fourth of July and no harm came from the pyromaniacs who are allowed to play hard (legally) once a year.

12 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    wow you have some interesting convos...when the kid is gone...lol

  1. J'adore your random quotes from the weekend!
    Ah, I have to do a Target run--once a month for the stuff the grocery store doesn't carry...still bracing myself for it, though.

  1. I actually did hear on Friday that cats will start to nibble on a dead human if the owner dies and the cats have a chance, but dogs won't since the human is typically the alpha. Interesting to know and one more reason why I don't have cats.

  1. JoeinVegas said...:

    Hmmm, you didn't exclude people there. Would you eat Soilent Green or jsut BBQ if all other food was gone.

  1. Busy Bee Suz said...:

    I would not eat my cats or their food; yucky. :)

  1. Saimi said...:

    Maybe I'd eat my one cat but the other...she's a mean one and I'm sure she wouldn't be very tasty, besides I think she would come back to haunt me if I did! HA!

    Cat food sure, it's just the dry stuff anyway..for cats with sensitive stomachs..I could chow on that after eating my cat..maybe it would help settle my insides!! HA!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

  1. I wouldn't eat a cat. I'm betting they're mostly dark meat.

    You did way more than I did this weekend. We watched 2 movies, the Casey Anthony Trial/3 ring circus and all the different fireworks shows I could DVR on my TV (Disney, NYC, Orlando, Wash DC)and sat by the pool like slugs.

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    i would NOT eat a freakin cat. or apes or anything.

  1. Denis said...:

    I bought the memory game. Glad I'm allowed to bring it.

    P.S. I don't remember you handing out glassware to guests

  1. Courtney said...:

    Would this be the same group where Optimus Prime was mentioned MANY times? :) The content of the night sounds like it might be along the same lines... haha!

  1. Julie said...:

    Enjoy your quiet time. I'm getting more and more of that on the weekends but am not use to it at all yet.
    I love the conversations pieces, made me laugh.
    And yeah to the big savings. I'm back to planning every trip, every dollar spent and am hoping tomorrow they tell me I save lots too.
    Take car eand have a blessed weekend.

  1. carma said...:

    great!!! is there a problem with blogger commenting again. I have to keep retyping things.

    Abbreviated version in case this comment doesn't take either.

    I'd like to join you in weekend nothingness since that's exactly how my weekend is going.

    I think it is probably the eggplant itself that didn't taste good. the only way I'll eat it is coated in batter and prepared as parm otherwise it is too bitter. my husband has been grilling some this summer but just with olive oil and then some cheese melted on top - i won't touch it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails