Not Talking About Certain Things Today...

Life is hard right now.  I wish I was on a beach in Mexico sipping something frothy whilst reading a good book. But, no. I have been MISERABLE dealing with work issues, courtesy of my physically-broken heart and this mess of a hand:

I'm pretty sure I can't discuss work issues on my blog, so I will refrain from telling you .  We are in the middle of a huge project at work, which is part of the reason why I rushed back to work after both surgeries (and not just to help, but also because I didn't want to get behind in learning what everyone else is learning), but what I learned is that if you don't put yourself first- it will not happen.  Nobody will put you first except you. No matter what they say.  And if I could go back in time, I would take off a month and read 30 books, and do seven puzzles, and watch every movie available, and not think for 2 seconds about the stress of my coworkers or the project  we are working on. But I can't talk about work so I will keep the rest of my thoughts to myself. 

Speaking of total messes, this is a section of my living room:
My backpack project for Bienestar is on Saturday.  At this point I have quite a lot of supplies, but I wish I had been able to find just a few more donors.  Last year I had about 10 random people donate, this year has been pretty slim.  I still feel really good about the project and I know that we are giving the children of Bienestar a great start to the new school year, so I accept what I can offer and know that I am making a difference regardless. 

I have missed blogging. I feel like I'm out of touch with everything right now.  The thought of typing makes me very tired and every time I think about being on a computer at night, my whole body mentally curls up into the fetal position.  However, if you are not aware, Windows comes with a speech-to-text recognition software built into your PC.  It is pretty amazing and seems to work very well, hence my ability to blog today. 

I am currently typing all day at work with six fingers -it would be great if I could sit at home and talk all my responses into my nifty headset and save my poor little fingers the pain of typing all day at work, however, I do not have the support to do that -but I am not going to discuss work on my blog.  I'm also not going to discuss how bitter I am right now. Nope, not going to talk about it.  I am thankful to have a job and I am really grateful for the benefits that come with a job. 

That's all for now.  I start cardiac rehab in the morning. I'm excited to meet other cardiac patients and start my day off with a little exercise.  I am hoping it will greatly improve my mood...  at least until I get to work. But I'm not going to talk about that.

Hello to all my blogger friends - I have missed you! Hope you are all well!

9 comments:

  1. Wow.

    I totally get what you mean about what you are not talking about. Since this isn't my blog, I will say I am grateful for my job but sometimes I dislike it. :p

    Hope the bitterness eases up a bit.

  1. Jeez. I hope things get better quickly for you.

    Can't we all just be given a few million and not HAVE to work at places that cause us such angst? Oh a girl can dream.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    ugh. sorry you are going through that at work...not cool at all...

    good to see you.

  1. Bless you. What a difficult, horrible time for you to endure.

  1. You're so right. You need to be selfish when it comes to taking care of yourself. I hope things get better and people get less insensitive.

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    i'm really sorry about all that. i blogged about work today too. why do they have to be such butts. hope you feel better soon.

  1. Denis said...:

    yay the blog is back, sorry about your hand and work stuff

  1. Nat said...:

    Blech! I wish I could make it all better! :( Hang in there, lady. Someday soon it WILL get better.

  1. I DID miss you.
    Good Luck with cardio rehab.
    And I still think your giant giraffe is Awesome :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails