Another Volunteer Project...More Begging by Kaylen

Wow, a busy week!!! FINALLY over.


I spent a couple hours this week sending out requests for donations to random companies for my annual Martin Luther King Jr project. A quick recap - it's called Creation Station and is held at a low-income apartment complex for families. It had six different "stations" with different activities, like cooking healthy snacks, learning to crochet, making cards for terminally ill children, learning about first aid, etc. We really tried to impress upon them the message of giving back, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr's giving spirit. 



Last year was a great success -we had 125 people show up. That's a lot of lives to touch in one day, right? It was a lot of work to plan, but luckily I had a partner on it. This year I'm going solo, but it should be easier since it's not a new project and I have a better idea on what to expect.


When we did this project last year, we gathered all the needed supplies ourselves. I had a party where I asked everyone to bring medical supplies to donate-bandaid, antibiotic lotion, etc. That was perfect-people like to gather, and most people like to donate. Win-win for me. I even had some door prizes donated-which were a big hit and a nice bonus to our project. 

However, I don't really want to be the person who nags everyone to give to one of my crazy volunteer projects, so I'm hoping I can find some corporate sponsorship instead.


So far, I've emailed seven places. Within 24 hours, I got 2 rejections and 2 replies telling me to provide more information (a form letter, not anything encouraging). BUT - I did manage to get ONE gift basket donated!!! In under a day!!! Most places need at four to six weeks to get a donation approved so I really need to have all of my big corporate sponsor contacted in the next week or two. 


Anyone know of a company looking to donate? I know of a place looking for donations!!! Feel free to contact me for more information. 
Much obliged.

2 comments:

  1. Unknown Mami said...:

    I hope you find many wonderful donors.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    it is def a hard time on donors...i am working the phones right now on some back packs we are putting together for foster kids for christmas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails