Happy 19th Birthday to My Bouncing Baby Boy!!!

How many of us know exactly where we were 19 years ago today? I do, I do!!!

19 years ago - my life changed F-O-R-E-V-E-R.
My life was given meaning. And purpose.
I went from being a stupid, rebellious, self-centered and stubborn 18-year old to being a proud mom of one of the greatest kids ever. I had no idea how much he would mean to me, how much he would encompass my world, how much I would completely and utterly DO for him (there are no limits). But Andrew was born - and my world as I knew it ended, and a world that I could only dream of began.

Life with Andrew has had its ups and downs - but it has been such an amazing ride, I would never choose any other life. Not even the alternative life where I marry Jon Bon Jovi and travel the world and live a life of luxury, fame and fortune galore.

It's been hard to be a single mom (since he was 3 yrs old), but even with how hard it has been - I wouldn't change a thing. Well...maybe a few things, I guess.... I have not been a perfect parent, ha, for sure.
But Andrew is as close to perfect as a teenager can be. And he has helped shape me to be the person I am today (which I hope is all goodness and unicorns and rainbows).

And now, today, he turns 19. He is entering his last teenage year. In 365 days, I will be the mother of a young man in his 20's. WTF, right???

I'm in shock that the last 19 years went by so fast, and I'm in awe of how unbelievably amazing Andrew is - I wish you could all know him and appreciate how wonderful he is, as it's not even something I can correctly convey into words. So I won't try. But here's a few random shots of one of the best 19 year olds you will ever know of:

I have no idea where this photo was taken - but I remember very distinctly how much I loved those tiny blue jeans and that old man sweater he's wearing!
Hanging out with some friends at Disneyworld.

Smiles from our tiny apartment in South Korea.


Hanging out at the grandparents house.

One of few professional photos we had taken in the last 19 years.
Def not professionally taken.

Visiting with a bear friend.

Swimming with some dolphin friends.

Self-portraits in Mexico.
Andrew as a young adult.


My heart hurts with how handsome he is!
HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY, YOUNG ANDREW!!!
Love, your mama

8 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    woohoo happy birthday andrew!!!

  1. Many happy returns! It's easy to see why you're so dang proud.

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    he is so handsome and from reading your blog - he seems like a great young man. congrats! and happy birthday.

  1. Happy 2nd day of being 19 Andrew--since I didn't make it by here yesterday!

    You did a great job Mom!

  1. Denis said...:

    Where did you rides from dolphins? Supposedly that's not allowed??

    I like your previous entry about taking pictures of a camera shy kid because I've had trouble with that too. Smart idea to take his toys first. Too bad it doesn't work with cats

    P.S. Your next game night?

  1. Vidya Sury said...:

    Happy Birthday to Andrew! I had tears in my eyes from happiness as I read your post. I am a doting mama too.

  1. carma said...:

    enjoyed seeing photos of you both through the years. What a fine young man you've raised!!! Hope he has a wonderful birthday.

  1. Mrsbear said...:

    Happy Birthday to him and you because it is your day too. I love the photos, especially the baby jeans. Really it floors me how fast those years go. My oldest will be able to vote next presidential election. I don't even know how that happened.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails