I Am A Tech Goddess - Hear Me Roar

I had high intentions of blogging every other day...but then this wonderful thing came into my life:
If you haven't read the Eragon series, there's something wrong with you. And you're not my friend.
Well, that seems drastic...I guess we can still be friends, but there is definitely something wrong with you. The book series was started by the author when he was like freakishly young, maybe 14 or something? He was home-schooled. Nuff said, right?

I'm not really a big sci-fi fan, but ohdeargod-these books are SO good!!!! I wish it was never-ending. I seriously would never leave my house. I just love it so much. I forgot how much I love it until I picked up this latest book, the fourth and final book of the series. I'm in love. LOVE with the characters. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get to the end. I might cry. It might not be the first time that has happened with this book in my hand.

On a side note - and no less geeky note - I saved myself about $230 by having the cajones to attempt to fix this by myself:
It just doesn't look quite right, does it? It's almost as if it's been attacked. Like by a teenager who maybe was angry that a key or two wasn't working correctly..which might have been acting that way after the laptop was left open around pets, or maybe someone was eatting food directly over the keyboard, or maybe even spilled something on it. Some of that may have happened - I have no evidence, other than the piles of animal hair, food and dried up liquids that were found underneath this laptop keyboard when it was removed.

Anyway - I ordered the part online for approximately $13.00. I watched a 5 minute video on youtube about how to fix it. And then I spent about 70 minutes fixing it. I'm sure next time I have to do this it will take closer to the five minutes. And I'm also sure that next time I will not have to take the entire laptop completely apart four times because of random things happening...like how I unplugged the mother board without realizing it (turns out that being plugged in is really important).

Regardless - I FIXED IT MYSELF!!!!!!!

I am officially a tech guru. Feel free to ask me any technology related questions.

6 comments:

  1. Hyla said...:

    I would love to know what site you went to and the video you watched, I have a laptop keyboard that needs be fixed!

  1. Denis said...:

    Wow I'm not very good with
    computer hardware, software is more my thing. So congrats on that.

    I'm not so sure about Eragon because
    I still haven't finished Game of Thrones and I think I will read Hunger Games

  1. Denis said...:

    Yah, wait a minute did you finish reading the latest Game of Thrones book yourself?

  1. Way to DIY!
    I should snag a copy of Eragon for Mr. T's Christmas stocking...thanks for the tip.

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    i read the first couple of books but never finished out the series.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails